BDD Poll

goalie

How many state titles do the James Monroe Mavericks have?  

1. 1. How many state titles do the James Monroe Mavericks have?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

True.... We cant go deep into our deptchart becasue we dont have one lol. If we could get 25-30 boys out we would be more enough set to have a shot to do somthing special. I mean we can now, but we really need to get into shape.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

[ QUOTE ]

I think Haysi is a better name myself

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Haysi myself, but Hurley is better lol laugh.gif

The last time a team other than Haysi or Honaker won the BDD was Hurley in '92...Haysi has the most championships winning the District in '79 '80 '84 '85 '87 '90 '91 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '01 and '03 for a total of 15...Honaker won the district in '88 '99 '00 '02 '04 for a total of 5 championships...I think Hurley was district Champs in '82 and '83 as well for a total of 3 championships(if im not mistaken)...Garden won the district in '81?(not sure) '86 and '89 for a total of 3 championships. I may not be completely accurate on 81 through 83 so any corrections are welcome smile.gif

It stands to reason that Haysi would have the most champsionships in the BDD since they have been in the BDD longer than Honaker. I think if we had been in the BDD through the 80s, the championships between us would have been slightly more even.

Yeah you are right hhstigerfan, Honaker joined the BDD in '88 while Haysi first year was '79...9 years difference. However, Haysi and Honaker played each other in week one of regular season as non-district opponents from '82 through '87 with the results being:

'82 Haysi 19 Honaker 0

'83 Haysi 26 Honaker 0

'84 Haysi 26 Honaker 7

'85 Honaker 7 Haysi 6...Haysi went 9-1 in regular season

'86 Haysi 8 Honaker 0

'87 Haysi 30 Honaker 14

So its my guess that Honaker may have one the BDD once or maybe twice more at most if they had been there since '79 because 81 through 83 Hurley was really tough.

The Clinch Valley District was: Honaker, Lebanon, Castlewood, Twin Springs, St Paul, Haysi, Whitewood, Garden, Council, Hurley, and Pocahontas. In '79 the BDD was formed and Honaker, Leb, and Castlewood joined the Hogo and Twin Springs went to the Cumberland, Pocahontas eventually joined the MED in '95 and St. Paul joined the Cumberland sometime in the early 90s I guess. Not sure about Rich Valley being in the CVD, Honaker played Rich Valley and RB Worthy(Saltville) in almost every sport non-district(well in football and baseball anyway, those were the only sports that weren't completely taken up by our district schedule) prior to joining the Hogo, so they may have also been in the CVD too.

james :

Hurley just has 2 BDD titles - Garden won it in '83, so they had 4.

Tigerfan :

BDD was formed in '78

Twin Springs left the CVD in '76

St. Paul left the BDD in '90

Pocy left in '96

Rich Valley & Worthy were always in the Hogo

So Hurley only won in '82 and '92? Garden won in '81, '83, '86, and '89? I would have thought Hurley had atleast 3 BDD titles...always tough to play over at the cliff. Only 2 championships in almost 30 years for the Rebels...hard to believe they are in 2nd place in the BDD poll right now, these people must know something that I don't about the upcoming season...its not like Haysi lost that much!