SWD QB's

Backs

I think Saunders at Tazewell will be the best this year...just have a feeling.

QB's I would rank in this order:

1: Tazewell

2: Richlands

3: Grundy

4: Graham

5: Carroll County

Just because I think the O-Line's will also be in about that same order this year and that will be key...

Running game I'd go with:

1. Grundy

2. Richlands

3. Tazewell

4. Graham

5. Carroll County

with not much distance really between any of them from top to bottom.

Not sure about CC though...so...once the season starts this will all change...will know more about them soon enough.

I don't know Lance, if Richlands runs the offense I expect, McCrackin is going to put up HUGE numbers. It's not just that I expect him to be good, but with his ability to throw, depth at reciever, a TB that will get a lot of attention from the defense, and a traditionaly strong line this could be an explosive offense. Of course a lot will depend on play calling, which hopefully will include lots of short and intermediate passes instead of the usual 3rd down end zone shot, but I'm expecting "Air Mance" this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Mouse gets no love from Lance?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not that...I just think that Tazewell and Richlands will be throwing the ball more this year than people expect...Tazewell more so because everyone is going to think they will bring the run game and not much more...I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of option and passing going on in T-Town this year...Richlands more so because of what BigD just pointed out...Richlands could be airing it out a lot more so this year than last year...and I think Grundy will be more balanced as they are traditionally with the offense...people will expect them to be running behind Marcum so I'm sure the coaches will try to go to the air as usual to keep people honest...but I'd say it will be more balanced than people expect...and I know Plymal loves the passing game...so...thats what I figure...I think Graham will be run focused more this year and I have no idea about CC so it's hard to put them anywhere in the mix... confused.gif

Carroll will still play like it is 1937...1 ft. off the ground, cut everyone down, and run it up the gut. They might pass it once a quarter to keep everyone honest. That's what you get when your coach is from PC.

i think McCracken will be the best QB..he has worked hard this summer at camps..and he really showed he is goin to be good at the 7-7 tournaments..he has alot of power in his arm and he is very accurate..he will have alot of recievers to throw he is very smart on his decisions..and i think he has gotten quick enough to were i think he can pull it down and run with it if he has too

Nope Carrolls QB is back again this year. I kinda like that no one really knows too much about us this year. I guess its a little advantage to keep it that way. But i dont know if i would put us at the bottom of every list. Our QB is good. he is fast and he can throw. Last year we had one great reciever. James Pruitt. i dont think that he got the recognition he deserved but anyway Carroll Has some good tall recievers this year and i have no idea what coach hales plans are(Im a bench warmer!). So i couldnt help you out anyway.

Glad to see u have some confidence in me Tom Brady!! LOL But if we are gonna be successful during this season then the whole team has to pull together and come out on Friday nights and WIN!!

'THE STORM IS COMING'

[ QUOTE ]

... but anyway Carroll Has some good tall recievers this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it most peoples opinions become more positive when there team now has "tall" recievers? Granted, I know height is an important stat in some cases (anybody remember the Grundy/Gate City playoff game from a few years back? GC had two 6'+ WRs, one of which was 6'5", and Grundy had to defend them with DBs who were no taller than 5'9", and thats being kind), but I'd rather think that my teams WRs are going to be better this year because of better, more crisp route running, better technique (catch the ball, don't trap it), et al.

Having taller WRs does not ensure a better WR corp from year to year.

My biggest peeve about WRs in high school: this prolly has more to do with how there coached, but if you look back and see your QB is scrambling for his life, don't keep running downfield. It'd be hard enough to hit you at 30 to 40 yards from the pocket on a clean throw, much less 50+ while running for dear life.

Bigger target, longer reach, longer stride, more likely to get yardage after the catch, can catch the ball high above defenders heads, not as likely to get pushed around, ect. Still need to run crisp routes and have good hands but Height is an advantage.