Golf

Has anyone played any golf this summer...I've got out to the Elks and Fincastle about 15 times this summer...I just bought some ping golf clubs off ebay and a R7 taylor made...I was just wondering if anybody else like to play golf??

[ QUOTE ]

lucky,I wish I could Golf up Tazewell county country club but you gotta be a freakin member.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least membership still has its privileges somewhere. Richwood's turned into a damned zoo since the former manager Mike Hager left. On Sunday afternoons you feel like you've gone camping, and need a bagged lunch and a tent, not your sticks. On Sunday July 3rd, it took us 3.50 hours to play nine holes, luckily I didn't have to work the next day and got through it.

The more that I think about it, the more I realize that my time spent working at a golf course while going to college (and getting to play for free), were the best days of my life. And I didn't even realize it at the time!

i dont have a problem with driving heck my yard is big enough I got a good 150yds from my back yard to the clinch dont have to worry about hitting a car or anything just losing my balls in the river is all i worryabout.

Roll your wrists. More than likely when you coming down with your swing your opening your club face. Roll the club face around a little bit and then get your grip until you start rolling your wrists correctly. That way when you dont roll them, the head of the club will still be straight.

You might also be coming inside out on your downswing. Thats what I used to do. When I would reach the top of my swing instead of following the same path back down I would bring it down and and strike the ball with the club going from the inside out. Just a few thoughts..haha... grin.gif

I may be able to hit it 150-200 yards on a good day. Almost hit eric mcclanahan in his head. Hit it with my 7 and it boucned off a tree and came like 1 foot away from his head. I also think i sat a new record. I hit 4 trees with 2 swings of the club..lol

In other words, i suck at golf, but would like to improve

Thanks grundy10, I'll have to try that...Prolly won't get to intill i get payed on the 14th considering I just cleaned out my bank account buying the new clubs..lol

Haha yea BluefieldRocks hit the ball and it hit a tree five yards from him and bounced back about 20 yards and almost took out McClanahan haha

[ QUOTE ]

Yea its a pretty good deal up there...I like to golf at fincastle..The only reason I get to though is because I work there lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't "work" there! You clock in, hang around, eat dinner, hang around some more, clock out and go home!!! grin.gif

Me, on the other hand, I WORK there! 21 hours the past two days...piece of cake!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

lucky,I wish I could Golf up Tazewell county country club but you gotta be a freakin member.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least membership still has its privileges somewhere. Richwood's turned into a damned zoo since the former manager Mike Hager left. On Sunday afternoons you feel like you've gone camping, and need a bagged lunch and a tent, not your sticks. On Sunday July 3rd, it took us 3.50 hours to play nine holes, luckily I didn't have to work the next day and got through it.

The more that I think about it, the more I realize that my time spent working at a golf course while going to college (and getting to play for free), were the best days of my life. And I didn't even realize it at the time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell! You never WORKED there either!!! The only things you cared about was "what time is lunch" and "what time do I get off". You always seemed to show up on payday though...

[ QUOTE ]

Roll your wrists. More than likely when you coming down with your swing your opening your club face. Roll the club face around a little bit and then get your grip until you start rolling your wrists correctly. That way when you dont roll them, the head of the club will still be straight.

You might also be coming inside out on your downswing. Thats what I used to do. When I would reach the top of my swing instead of following the same path back down I would bring it down and and strike the ball with the club going from the inside out. Just a few thoughts..haha... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, go ahead and roll those wrists...if your timing isn't exact, one of two things will happen - big slice or snap hook. Its funny...when you are a beginner, you are taught to use your hands more in the swing...once you become a better player, you are taught to take your hands out of the swing. Some people never reach that next level...

If he's slicing the ball, his swing CAN'T be going from inside to out...just the opposite, its coming from the outside to in, cutting across the ball, putting clockwise spin (for a righty) on the ball, starting out left of target and ending up way right of target.

Your right GMan...The whole time I read the post I was reading slice but thinking hook for some reason...On most golf courses a slight slice is usually a good thing.

and if your are hooking to the right (assuming he is a righty)(also, this was my problem for a long time) most of the time it is a timing issue as well as not getting your hands across quick enough, therefore the rolling of the wrists is necessary if your gonna get your club facing square with the ball on impact. Unless you akwardly dont move your wrists at all in your back swing which I have never saw anybody do.

[ QUOTE ]

Your right GMan...The whole time I read the post I was reading slice but thinking hook for some reason...On most golf courses a slight slice is usually a good thing.

and if your are hooking to the right (assuming he is a righty)(also, this was my problem for a long time) most of the time it is a timing issue as well as not getting your hands across quick enough, therefore the rolling of the wrists is necessary if your gonna get your club facing square with the ball on impact. Unless you akwardly dont move your wrists at all in your back swing which I have never saw anybody do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...OK...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yea its a pretty good deal up there...I like to golf at fincastle..The only reason I get to though is because I work there lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't "work" there! You clock in, hang around, eat dinner, hang around some more, clock out and go home!!! grin.gif

Me, on the other hand, I WORK there! 21 hours the past two days...piece of cake!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you dare tell me I don't WORK there!! I Work my A$$ off up there..Day and Night im there working 5 days a week so don't ever tell me I DON'T WORK THERE!!