R.I.P. Coach Carlock

Guest BB_TWEEDER

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LPDFTBL - Only got to meet you once coach. But you made a lasting impression. Quality coach and quality man. Godspeed coach. You will be greatly missed.

Coach Carlock was a great motivator and a leader of young men. I witnessed his work on a lot of guys that had lives leading them down very undesireable paths.

The world needs more "Coach Carlocks" out there...

Ryan King

'89 State Championship Team

tonite before our game...Coach Rowe got all emotional..talking about Coach Carlock..it was sad..he talked about how good of a man he was..and we got a sticker to go on our helmets that say "CC" and are in the colors of Graham.

I thought it was cool Grundy did that and I was hoping they would do something to honor one of the greats. I think the SWD is special in that it's always been a hard nosed football district and any time you mix and match up any of the teams it's a true "rivalry" game...but come playoff time all the teams support the ones who move on...I remember last year seeing Coach C and several Gmen at Tazewell for the Va High Region IV game...and looking around the student section there were kids there from Richlands, Grundy, and a few other area schools as well pulling for Tazewell.

I know the Grundy Coaching Staff were all close with Coach Carlock and I spoke with a couple of them just prior to and after he passed away and it was a sad time for everyone. Very nice of you guys to honor Coach Carlock on your helmets.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...