BLUEFIELD SCRIMMAGE!!

ballbreaker

You are correct #2 qb 1 int nearly 2 more, 2 fumbles they couldnt stop the run and nitro is small actually i thought bluefields line matched up evenly just no experience they just need to work on the basics, first protect the ball and block, block, block!When nitros runners got in open field they couldnt catch em.

I herd that nitro won like 33-21... We made a rally 3nd and forth quarter from what i herd. But nitro has the best RB in AAA. and the #2 team in AAA...i think thats right. So i mean i didnt expect us to beat them. But we came damn close to....

Jon Payne from what i herd did a very excellent job of running the ball. and our line did a good job in the 2nd half opening up holes for him..

But nitro has the best RB in AAA. and the #2 team in AAA...i think thats right.

------------------------------------------------------------

If Nitro is the #2 team in AAA, I will never post again on any message board. The top 2 teams in AAA should be Morgantown and Parkersburg. Who just scrimmaged today an the first teams tied at 3 TD's.

The RB for Nitro is an 11th grader named Josh Culbertson, an he is in the top 3 in RB in the state of WV. The other great player for Nitro is a Jr. WR named Chris Fulmer, who is listed in several magazines as one of the best in the entire nation.

Bluefield starters came back in the second half and brought the game to 21-14 late in the third quarter. Nitro was able to get a score with four seconds left in the third to make the score 27-14. Both teams put their JV squads in for the fourth and each scored a touchdown. Nitro's starting unit grew tired in the second half and Bluefield was much better conditioned. It's was terribly hot and humid today with the sun beating down on Mitchell Stadium the entire day.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

#2 qb 1 int nearly 2 more, 2 fumbles

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats McClanahan...How did our running look? or FB's are Rb's look?

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant jersey #2, which is Powell. Powell had the turnovers. Honestly, I thought McClanahan looked better passing the football today than Powell did. Although, McClanahan played only with the second teamers versus Nitro's second stringers. Nevertheless, he looked more polished and crisp throwing the football than Powell did.

Ed,

Fulmer injured his knee today after making a short run and catch in the third quarter. He hobbled to the bench, where he stayed the rest of the day. I don't how serious, but again it looked like it was a knee.

well scared isnt the right word for it but secne it was right there on another post and i cant spell i used it. the word that would have worked there would be intementanting. (now u know y i used scared)lol

Fulmer injured his knee today after making a short run and catch in the third quarter. He hobbled to the bench, where he stayed the rest of the day. I don't how serious, but again it looked like it was a knee

------------------------------------------------------------

this young man has a very bright future in the game of Football on the next level.

[ QUOTE ]

heh i knew what u ment :P but yeah nitro is a good team but they are also a 3-a team and i think beavers is now a 2-a team

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me get this straight BHSFOOTBALL , you supposbly play football for beaver and you didnt know were AA? wow man... shocked.gif

i was at the game, and i'll tell you one thing for sure... Nitro was not scared or intimidated by Bluefield. if you got there early (and was able to get in the gate) you saw Nitro kill us in the 7 on 7. then, in something new that not many of us had seen, both O-Lines went against each other on the boards... and i thought Nitro got the best on that too. that #78 they had was a monster and obviously their leader. he was 1st up, and went up against what i guess is our O-Line leader (#65 Hutchinson) and just killed him. and that set the tone i thought. however, big Allen Carter got in there with #78 and got redemtion... that boys head flew back when Carter fired off on him. i love seeing that kind of stuff!!!

anyways, the point is - Nitro wasn't scared of nothing... and they showed it by totally controlling the line of scrimmage in the 1st quarter. Bluefield settled down in the 2nd and made it a game.