ten star camp verses five star??

porchy

any opinions? I've always heard five star is for the big boys.. and 10 star is for kids? A local news paper recently listed 2 players at a 10 star camp being picked as All Americans! Congrads!! but imo... they are probably #5, 6 or 7 on their team! They also could have all american egos to go along with it(hopefully not!) but anyways.. maybe some of you guys can tell more about what you've experienced with these camps! My pick is Five Star all the way! We've watched five star drill tapes for as long as i been playing.

any other comments?

I attended Five Star camp 2 years and there is not a better camp anywhere in the world. You will get more instruction and top competition at Five Star then you ever thought about getting at any other camp. Nine players selected in this years NBA draft attended Five Star camp in high school and over 320 former campers have played at least 1 game in the NBA.

• 3 weeks later...

without a doubt... ive been to a ten star camp (at VT) and it was a joke .. the first team i was on included a ten year old ... i was fifteen years old at the time ... and that was just uncalled for... but yeah, five star all the way.. ten star is a joke

i would have to say 5-star also, from wat i have heard, its definetly the best basketball camp you can go to. i am going to try to go to one next summer, which will be my 8th grade holdback year. i really hope i get to go, cause that will help me A LOT for varsity and other things.

I attended the five star camp at Hamden Sydney this year. I would have to say, it is the best camp i have ever been to. The way they taught to help you perfect your game was helpful. They were very motivated coaches that kept us pepped up the whole time. It was crazy. Also, i have never seen so many excellent basketball players in my life. I didn't realize how good of a camp it was until i went. Anyone that downs it i would undertsand because you don't get the feeling to you are there. I liked the camp becasue if you were a nobody or you were a D1 prospect, you were treated the same. One of the best players in the camp ran sprints during breakfast because he was late to the morning stretching along with 3 or 4 younger kids. It definitley was a wake up call. Not to be mean but we don't see a portion of the competition that these guys that i played with see. They actually laughed when i told them i played for a Single A high school team( Lebanon High School ). There were also quite a few D1 prospects, the one i remember the most was William Graves who signed at UNC to play ball this year. I know nothignt about 10 star, but i do know it would be hard to top five star.