9. JI Burton

10. Grundy

11. Haysi

12. Sull. East

13. Lebanon

14. Chillhowie

15. Clintwood

16. Abingdon

What do some of you guys think about these rankings? My question is How is VA High #6 and Abingdon even ranked? I don't think anybody in the Highlands won one game vs. a SWD team last year in the regular season, and if not for the VA High upset of Grundy they would not have won any? Where's Graham, Carroll, and Tazewell, does their pole suggest that Honaker, Lebanon, Rural Retreat, Chillhowie, Haysi, JI Burton, and Clintwood are better than them. I'm from Lebanon and know that most of these schools could match up somewhat, but I really don't beleive most of those smaller schools would fair very well?

I think the rankings are BS. Every SWD teams should be on the list, ahead of most of the teams on there. And for some of the schools on the list, I think they just crapped on a sheet of paper and asked someone to translate it into team names. Some of the schools on there are laughable. There are a few TN teams that should have made the list, too. I was pretty disappointed when I read this. The Bristol paper has really gone downhill over these past couple of weeks... starting out with crappy fantastic five picks and now this.

I just finished reading the paper and it cracks me up. Tennessee High #1 confused.gif The headlines of the article about them is talking about how they lost all but 3 starters to graduation confused.gif I work in Bristol, and last year they were all excited about starting out 10-0 for the first time ever, etc.....Well, when ya lose to GC the first game (during several years in the 90's) it's hard to go 10-0! tongue.gif

That was probably a cheap shot grin.gif

I just think it is definately biased (super 16) to their subscription area (why not?)East#12? please...where is Cloudland then? (beat East last week 18-7)Ralph Nelson is working wonders there, but cmon. When your at the bottom there's only one way to go.

Abingdon couldn't finish 16th in a twelve team district. smirk.gif

Crazy! I still think this is the year of the SWD and i'll stick to my guns until proven otherwise.

I think its bull that Abingdon made that list. They made the list, yet Carroll and Graham did not? Of course you gotta remember the area that they serve. Next year you'll see John Battle ranked at #3!! wink.gif I would have put GC, Tazewell, Richlands, GW, Grundy, Honaker, PV, Graham, and Clintwood all somewhere around the top, with Richlands, Grundy, and GC being the top three. I don't see how they have Honaker, GC, and PV ranked up there and have Clintwood so down low when all four teams should be the "class" of Region D this year.

You gotta remember Bristol paper serves their own.. Bluefield has their own paper.. or at least thats what Bristol is thinking.. So why not put out the BDT Fantastic 10 or 20 and do all schools thats in Tazewell, Buchanan, Russell and Dickenson.. Plus the Southern WV Counties.. lol

Give Tenn High credit.. I think they will be very good.. but #1 ??? I dont know bout that!

Another thought.. Maybe the Bristol paper rated teams by which communities bought the most Hearld Couriers!! lol grin.gif