Beckley 24, Capital 14 - Final

Beckley_WWHS

Beckley took a 21-0 lead into the half and held on in the second half to get the win.

Beckley gained over 315 yards on the ground. Marcus Manns led the way with 118 yards on 18 carries. Manns also had a 5 yard TD pass and a 2 point conversion run. Blaine Mayo added 93 yards on 10 carries including a 44 yard TD run. Once again a great team effort. A lot of players had great games. Beckley did have four turnovers however and they will have to work on that.

This is a great win for Beckley against a very good Capital team. Beckley plays Parkersburg next week.

I honest thought that the Flying Eagles would be 0-2 at this point, but they have proven me wrong.

This Friday evening the Parkersburg Big Reds and Beckley Woodrow Wilson Flying Eagles play at Beckley in what should be the the WV AAA Game of the week.

Hope to meet you Friday evening Beckley_WWHS.

Will post later in the week, where and what time we can meet.

Hope to see you there Ed depending on what time I get there. I'm not sure what will be going on Friday night with work and school.

I hope Beckley can keep it up and continue to improve. Parkersburg will be the biggest challenge by far up to this point.

Have a safe trip.