a few bluefield princeton photos

buzzsawBeaver

I haven't done many photos at the games or really had time to put photos online so thought I upload some to pbase anyhow for the time being.

They aren't quite as sharp as a lot of those from last season, the lenses have to be cleaned so they don't seem focus quite as well and I have to adjust some of the settings.

48638641.jpg

48638733.jpg

48638956.jpg

48639461.jpg

48639496.jpg

48639525.jpg

48639535.jpg

48639604.jpg

unfortunate this 1's blurry but it shows a good move on the qb's long run.

48639654.jpg

48640032.jpg

and 2 of my dogs playing before the game, just because

48640075.jpg

Have to comment on PIC #4...

Looks like Princeton #6 is definitely trying to take out the knee of one of the Bluefield players (Carter, maybe)...has his arm wrapped around the leg and the shoulder seems to be heading for the knee...

[ QUOTE ]

I have a lot to learn for action photos in lower lighting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both Buzzsaw. Action photos require fast shutter speeds but low light needs slower shutter speeds. I guess the answer is a wide aperture which costs you an arm and a leg on a telephoto lens. The d70 looks really nice but way out of my price range. I've gone back to basics with a Pentax K1000, because I'm beginning a photography course, but I can forget about low light action shots with it.

[ QUOTE ]

Have to comment on PIC #4...

Looks like Princeton #6 is definitely trying to take out the knee of one of the Bluefield players (Carter, maybe)...has his arm wrapped around the leg and the shoulder seems to be heading for the knee...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking at that 2

I was planning to go to SVCC but the photographer who took the shot I worked on for the RHS senior poster suggested "The New York Institute of Photography" which is a corespondence course. I looked into it and found it to be a better option for me.

LOL. Looks to me like in Pic 4 the kid got knocked down and as they ran his way he just grabbed that big guys leg and was hoping to hold him up so someone could come tackle him. Its obvious he isnt aiming his helmet at the knee on a running go because he is laying on the ground. Not much damage you can do from laying on your butt to someones knee.

Good pics though.

Anyone else notice that all of the Bluefield players seem to be wearing the "new style" helmets, with the unusual facemasks, and it appears that none of the Princeton players are?

I've noticed that Bluefield has been using them the last 2-3 years. I hear that they're safer, but that's purely anecdotal for me.