QUESTION??

ghs84

I think you are correct, Goodpasture. First name may have been either Richard or Robert...maybe???? Don't forget, Marcus Parker played on that Salem team as well. Stephen Magenbauer, the current Salem HC, was the QB on that team too, I believe.

Salem lost to Blacksburg in the State Semis that year...the same Blacksburg team that Graham beat 26-0 three weeks before the Salem game. Blacksburg also went on to win the Division 4 State Championship that year.

It was Richard Goodpasture. Salem had recovered a fumbled punt on the Graham 46. Seven plays later Richard took a pitch over the left side on 3rd down and 10 and took it 13 yards for the score. A flag was thrown but the ref overruled the umpire's call and waved off the flag putting Salem up 6-0.

Thanks for the info didnt get to see much of the g-men that year but i did see state game on tv. goes to show you never know in high school football what can happen, salem losing to blacksburg in playoffs after beating graham and graham beating blacksburg earlier.The g-men had a team that year,I remember seeing espn covering graham that year and saying that grahams line was bigger than the texas longhorns line that year, man they were awsome.Would like to see another year like that or just even a little close to that.

yes they were did you see them?i am not making this up i wish i still had the paper to prove it but i dont so take it for what its worth they were huge that year 4 lineman over 270 a fullback over 240 choo choo latimer couldnt bring him down big and fast i can understand why some of you might think im over doin it but im not considering most people on this board are hs kids and probably wasnt even born yet.

we did win it in '89, but the huge line was the next year in '90. The starting line in '89 was Erik Robinson, Chris Patton, Ed Caudwell, Roland Pascacio, and Eric Workman. The '90 line was Roland, Eric W, Jeremey Carbaugh, Todd Massie and Chris Austin.