Will the clouds lift for Narrows???

MavsRock

I found out from my cousin who's a Junior at Giles that Ricky Cook probably won't play against Narrows tomorrow due to some type of foot or ankle injury. Does this mean that Narrows stands a chance? Probably not.

I still see Giles winnig this one by at least 20-30 points, and I'll be more than impressed if they keep it closer than that. This will be disturbing news for Giles if Cook's injury is a recurring problem later in the year. The last time they played without him was a season-opening 21-6 loss at against a very average Blacksburg team last year. I really believe that Giles realies on him more than any other team realies on one player in this area right now, much more so than James Monroe with Andrew Robertson, or even Graham on Ahmad Bradshaw 2 years ago

Any division 1 player makes a huge difference, but Giles can get it done without him. Blacksburg was pretty good in the opener last year.They had a heck of a running back, which he got hurt I think the next game, and then his backup got hurt.Everything went downhill from there. The offense would need time to gel together with out him. We just hope he is healthy all year. Its not a major injury. Just a bad bruise from a cheapshot the last drive of the game. Single wing tailbacks really take a beating.You have to be tough.