The Fred Persinger Jr. Appreciation Thread

Sources

I just wanted to create this thread to let Fred know how sorely missed he is across Beaver Nation. It simply isn't the same without you calling the game. You actually cared about Bluefield football and it showed on each play you called.

It's a crime that they pushed you out the door so that Bob Redd and his buddy Woody Morgan could butcher....er I mean call the games.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You know Bob Reed is Jon Payne's dad

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great, his son is one hell of player but that doesn't make up for his monotone and emotionless commentary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man, Fred broke down on-air last year when Bluefield came back to stun Weir. Now that's the type of passion I want to see. The guys doing it now ramble too much, they hardly give the score or time left. Not to mention the little facts such as how many timeouts a team has in the closing minutes of a tight game.

[ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to create this thread to let Fred know how sorely missed he is across Beaver Nation. It simply isn't the same without you calling the game. You actually cared about Bluefield football and it showed on each play you called. It's a crime that they pushed you out the door so that Bob Redd and his buddy Woody Morgan could butcher....er I mean call the games.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree hole-heartedly! I liked Persinger almost as much as I did Jim Nelson from back in the day.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to create this thread to let Fred know how sorely missed he is across Beaver Nation. It simply isn't the same without you calling the game. You actually cared about Bluefield football and it showed on each play you called. It's a crime that they pushed you out the door so that Bob Redd and his buddy Woody Morgan could butcher....er I mean call the games.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree hole-heartedly! I liked Persinger almost as much as I did Jim Nelson from back in the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of Jim Nelson, what is the deal with him? He called Bluefield games for SOOO long, apparently got mad, and took his ball to Graham. Now, he's at Princeton.

Honestly, there is nobody out there who can call a game like Jim Nelson, at least at the high school level. I honestly could see what was happening...he was descriptive about the formation, the time, the score, the down and distance...it was almost as good as being there.

But...what caused the guy to leave Bluefield, then Graham?

I've got to say...we've been very fortunate. I've listened to HS football telecasts elsewhere, and it is rare to find someone who is halfway decent at it.

i agree with a lot that's been said about Fred P.

every once in awhile i got to catch him calling action for Blfd. and he had such passion and love for the team

these guys that i recently heard, just dont seem to have as much passion and love for the team as Fred does and as has been said ramble on and on!

Fred P Jr is just as good if not better than his dad and i enjoyed listening to him call games football/basketball alike

which i heard him on game night tonight and from what i can understand called some game in Raleigh Co. tonight 9/16/05