Emergency Plane Landing

rhsfan88

Did anyone see in the paper where the small two person plane had to make an emergency plane landing Friday night on Route 19 in Claypool Hill in front of Fireside Lanes.

Well Thad and I got the chance to see it happen. We were driving in for the Richlands game and it landed about 30 yards in front of us on the other side of the road and it rolled on by us as we were driving. It was probablly the most amazing thing I have ever seen. We couldn't tell what it was as we were getting closer and it just happened to be a plane. Good news is neither passanger was hurt.

Hey how is Thad doing?

I haven't talked to him in a long time..I think the last time I talked to him was not long after the football game we played at the college...is he going to school anywhere?

I saw him at the Red Flower a while back but he was eating and I didn't want to bother him and I was with some friends also...just didn't get a chance to say hello. Tell him to check in here if he's not already...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like they were lucky to get to 19. Have you heard what the problem was?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's 19 down through there towards the college. But it said in the paper that the engine stalled on him. I actually knew the pilot too. He graduated from Richlands about 5 or 6 years ago.

Lance, Thad is doing good. He is at Emory and Henry with me and is playing safety over here. He is planning on playing baseball in the spring.

[ QUOTE ]

oh, ok.. have you & thad been getting some playin time?

[/ QUOTE ]

The last JV game we both started and played the whole game againist Louisburg Junior College in North Carolina. We haven't got into either varsity game but I did make the travel team when we went to Marrietta College in Ohio.

Yeah, DP is an awesome guy. The coaches over here love him. He is getting to play a ton at RB in the JV games and he is one of three deep return men on the varsity KO return. I've got a class with him, so I've gotten to know him pretty well and he is a great guy. He is definatly one of the hardest workers in practice that we have here.