SWD Rushing

oldskool

WHo do you guys think will win the rushing title now that we are 4 weeks into the season. The kid from RIchlands got hurt and isn't playing and marcum has only had 1 1/2 good games. Henry has had 2 good games and the kid from Tazewell has had 1 good game. It's still up for grabs if you ask me. Henry may have more receiving yards than the other backs so all purpose yards he may get the nod if Marcum doesn't get long returns on punts and kicks because Henry doesn't return punts.

Guest old_school

In my opinion, unless somebody slows them down, the kid from CC has a chance of winning it. He ran the ball hard Friday against Tazewell and since Richlands has to play them in Hillsville, CC could get away with a holding penalty or two grin.gif to help open some holes.

[ QUOTE ]

WHo do you guys think will win the rushing title now that we are 4 weeks into the season. The kid from RIchlands got hurt and isn't playing and marcum has only had 1 1/2 good games. Henry has had 2 good games and the kid from Tazewell has had 1 good game. It's still up for grabs if you ask me. Henry may have more receiving yards than the other backs so all purpose yards he may get the nod if Marcum doesn't get long returns on punts and kicks because Henry doesn't return punts.

[/ QUOTE ]

most schools don't even track AP yards for some reason? wish they did. You see it mentioned in the papers every so often but overall it's a lost stat.

I still think Garon has at least another 700 or 800 yards left in him this year...the line he runs behind is just horrible at this point...hopefully they will improve as the year goes by.

I think Henry has to share the ball to much to get it...and the McDaniel is good but I don't know if he'll get the carries he will need with Tazewell playing catch up ball all year like they are...if they could get an early lead it would help his stats quite a bit...as it seems they are playing it close or getting behind and having to go to the air more and more.

The kid from CC...who knows? They are so far away no one ever gets to see them in action but once a year...tape I've seen on them he looks pretty good, but again...who knows?

Richlands...Jennings will be back soon and that will be a split year amongst a few kids...he could still have some big games behind that line though...don't count him out just yet...he could string together a couple of 200+ yarders and be right back in the mix.

Guest old_school

[ QUOTE ]

I still think Garon has at least another 700 or 800 yards left in him this year...the line he runs behind is just horrible at this point...hopefully they will improve as the year goes by.

[/ QUOTE ]

Garon could get the rushing title easily if he had the line to open holes for him. Also, I think Grundy needs something to take the attention away from him so defenses don't key on him as much. Henry could get the yards to have a really productive year but Graham has found a combination of running backs that is working for them and I don't see them changing it. McDaniels honestly could get a lot of yards but Tazewell's line is going to have to improve a lot in the next couple of weeks. Carroll Co. had their way with Tazewell's line last Friday and trying to run Burton and Angles way all the time isn't working. I'm still looking at the kid from Carroll Co. He runs the ball hard and squirts through the line to get 4 and 5 yards at a time.

its hard to block when it is 5 on 8 which is what it is because the whole defense keys on garon its not so much that grundy has a horrible line its that we get outnumbered everytime garon gets the ball but lance i guess you would rather say we are horrible then take that reason into consideration, dont get me wrong we are young and inexperienced but that fact needs to come into play when talking about grundys line

well...you guys are just not getting it done up front. It's not that there are people blitzing on every play...you guys are slow off the ball and you miss blocks and half the time as soon as the ball is snapped and you are up against a 4-3 and no blitz comes there are still 3 guys in the backfield before the ball gets to the RB or Theo gets set up. No one seems to pick up blitz's and no one seems to want to hit anyone...some plays I watch the line close just to see what is going on and trust me it's not becuase they are sending the house...you guys are smaller and slower than who you are up against...smaller is not such a challenge as the slower part is...and the answer to that comes in the off season...what did you guys do in the off season?

the line is not looking good...at all...there are no head hunters...no one looking for the big hit...guard pulls out around the end he should be looking to kill someone...I don't see it...sorry.

I wish you guys the best and I'd love to agree that it's just something as simple as 5 vs 8 but thats just not the case.