Congrats to Lebanon!!!

Hogo_Man_14

Congrats to the Pioneers for a huge victory over George Wythe. Lebanon was picked 6th in the district and Wythe was ranked the number 5 team in the state i think. They controlled the whole game and pulled it out 26-21 at the end. Davis is a great athlete and hats off to them. Lebanon's line blocked well and Massie ran hard and wouldnt let one person bring him down.

Look at the stats in the Bristol paper(online). GW beat Lebanon in every stat except the one that counts the most. GW didn't make any mistakes against Tazewell and had 0 penalties. GW gave Lebanon this game and Lebanon was happy to take it. If you just looked at the stats and not the score, you would never have guessed this score. Lebanon wanted it and came and took it.

I don't believe you watched the same game I watched. Lebanon drove up and down the field easily and had more weapons than GW. The reason for the numbers is that Lebanon would shut GW down 3 out of 4 plays and GW would get the one big play for 50 or 60 yards and then Lebanon would stop'em til GW screwed up on a turnover or a penalty. Lebanon dismantled GW's defense with the power run, 3 or 4 yards at a time, GW had no offensive line and depended on Davis to juke out a big run occasionally that usually ended with a GW screw up, BUT they did'nt just screw up on their own, they were forced screw ups by an agressive and well disciplined team. The best line, the best defense, the best all round team won. If good stat's are all you have, next week will be tougher than this week, better try to find some discipline in your team instead of excuses. Lebanon has beaten GW 4 out of 5 seasons, you're gonna need more than stats, maybe you should'nt hype your team up every year to be better than they are because they start believing all the hype and think everybody is just going to lay down for'em. Hype don't win.......good play does.

Lebanon has a good program…even when they are supposed to be down, they still have the ability to beat the so-called "better" team. GW's self destruction was inevitable from the beginning of the season. It almost happened last week against Grayson Co. but instead it happened against Lebanon this week. A loss is always the perfect wake-up call for the coaches and the players. GW should chalk this one up as a lesson learned. I can assure you that GW has physical talent but I'm not as confident when it comes to discipline or respect.

Whatever Clod. I am not saying that Lebanon didn't come in and take this game. But, if they were able to drive up and down the field all night why did they end up with only 148 yards rushing and 39 yards passing while GW had 245 yards rushing and 119 yards passing. The fact is GW mistakes put Lebanon in great field position all night long which gave them a short field all night long. Hey, Lebanon won the game and my hat goes off to them, but the two muffed punts and the stripped ball and the GW touchdown called back for holding is as close to a golden platter as it gets. Everything that could have went wrong for GW did and being a good team Lebanon took advantage of it. Good teams play good every night. Sorry about hyping my team up, I'll try to do better next time.

you're right but Lebanon didn't have to get a bunch of rushing yards because they had the ball very close to goaline. The Pioneers did exactly what they needed to do. You say you had two blocked kicks but on the first one you got a first down out of a lucky bounce. You got a holding penalty but maybe the reason you got a touchdown was because you were holding. That's why they throw the flags. I saw a lot of times where Gw moved early and could've been called for a false start and they finally did call it when they scored. Conley Yates might have made the play of the game, when he got that strip that killed gw's momentum and gave Lebanon huge momentum. Gw has a great team and i think they will beat RR this week. They have to much talent to lose twice in a row. Good job both teams.

Lebanon did'nt NEED to rack up a lot of yards, all they had to do is control the ball and line of scrimmage, they did both. Yeah, GW had several big plays but they produced very little, Lebanon just had to control the game. GW was a Chinese fire drill, there's no discipline and could have been flagged for motion almost every play. I don't blame the kids, they have the talent, it's up to Pruitt to have them READY to play.

I agree with you. I am just saying that good teams do not make those kinds of mistakes. GW made mistakes and Lebanon knew how to take advantage of it. No matter what happened or who did what, Lebanon still won the game and that is all that matters. It is just frustrating from my seat to see such talent make so many mistakes. I would like to have seen both teams play their best mental and physical games, but isn't that what all good sports fans want? Great job and good luck with the rest of the season.

I don't blame the kids either. Have you ever noticed how you can watch the same games and players as the coaching staff and have totally different perspectives on who can perform in the clutch? Oh well, that one is behind us. I think the JV play Lebanon Monday. Any idea how Lebanon's JV team is this year?

Lebanon has a decent JV team but they have so many soph. and freshmen getting in varsity time that don't dress out for JV ( I think about 8) that it's hard to guage how good they'll be in a couple of years. I believe they've lost maybe one game. Good luck friday.