A Graham/Richlands "what if" question

FootballFan

[ QUOTE ]

That's the thing about "What if" questions. They only lead to more "What if" questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree completely, all this is is a chain of retorical questions.. the games over whats the point of sayin what if? Its not gonna change the game at all

I was still hoping for those "intelligent members" input that I was talking about. It would appear as though I need to be much more careful in which questions I ask but that is where I become confused. If you're not supposed to talk about a past game because it's useless and there's nothing you can do about it and you're not supposed to talk about a future game because it's not been played and anything could happen, wouldn't that make 90% of all posts pointless?

Never mind, I've learned a much more valuable lesson than the answer to my original question....just don't ask! Apparently is much easier to sit around and wait for somebody else to ask a question then ridicule them for doing so. Next topic please. grin.gif

I understand your post Footballfan. Ex football players and those students with knowledge of the game breakdown match ups and analyze "pieces" of the game every day. It is a shame few, if any, responded to your post. Maybe all those ex-pros on TV should stop analyzing games and adopt the who cares about the game breakdown, my team won mentality. Deep thinkers?

What do you want? You have four pages of answers and have insulted just about everyone who responded. Maybe you should start the "What if I wasn't an A$$?" thread over on the "I think I'm smarter than everyone" board.

haha why is everyone freaking out?

i love it though.

if richlands didn't dominate special teams, the game would have been closer, graham probably would have scored, but richlands probably would have still own.

[ QUOTE ]

What do you want? You have four pages of answers and have insulted just about everyone who responded. Maybe you should start the "What if I wasn't an A$$?" thread over on the "I think I'm smarter than everyone" board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would but you'd be a moderator on that board as well! grin.gif

Seriously, I assure you all that my intent was not to insult anyone.

Why all the hate? It was just a simple question that required a little thought. I don't think he would have responded the way he did if his question wasn't torn apart. Richlands has a helluva team, no one questions that. That is the kind of game you want to break down and learn from. You don't want posters to get to the point of being afraid to make a post for someone putting them down.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

no one understands the point of discussion i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, what if we did?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really funny and true... yeah u could break the game down and say this is what they did wrong and etc. but thats not a what if thing cuz it happened how it happened. just because we think your question is retorical and stupid doesnt mean we arent intellegent or anything. breaking the game down into small parts is different then saying what if certain things did/didnt happen, because regardless they still did. grin.gif

my opinion is this

I still believe richlands would have put up at least 20 of those 30 points. of those three big punt returns, Graham punted twice with their punter in the endzone. The worse field position RHS would have had would have been around the 45 yard line both times. the third punt came deep in their own territory also so the worst it probably would have been would be around the 50. That still is a shorter field to work with.

Chances are good that Richlands could have drove down the field and scored. Nobody really knows that for sure.

Graham only had three first downs i believe and 44 yards of offense. There was just know you are going to score with that.

If richlands would not have scored those three times from the 50 yard line. They would have just punted it back into their territory and Richlands would have stopped them again.

and graham would still be in the same place.

As good as Richlands defense is other teams hardly ever have it across the 50 yard line. So the field position is always great no matter how the special teams do. But it sure is nice to have them be so good

Also CJ Arms in my opinion has been booting the ball really well to. He kicks it so high and deep the other teams returns to do have a chance to set up a return. CJ is another great weapon for the blues