Fantasy Football, draft of Top Flite's roster...

Bluefield_Rules

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it might not be evenly matched if you look at individuals, but i know i'm looking at my team as a whole and he's looking at his team as a whole. he feels he has gaps in his team because of missing the draft, so he needs to fill more then 1 position. and in order to strengthen my over all team, i feel i've got a ton of depth, so i can afford to give up 2 players who have over 30 points EACH on the season (Brown - 30.60, Lloyd - 32.20) for a player with a lot of individual potential... and i say POTENTIAL because if you look at it, right now, Holt is only as good as Lloyd because Holt has 31.90 points on the season... but i know he could have a HUGE season. but i'm willing to take that risk. SO YES - it does look like it is an uneven trade... with BR getting the better deal since he is giving up 1 30+ point player and getting 2 30+ point players in exchange.

and if you want to bring it up, about trades not being even - you gave Boldin (15.25) for Holt (31.90), and Heap (4.7) for McMichael (28.5), and Martin (21.10) for Holmes (38.70). HOWEVER - the entire thing would have went through with no worries, if Top Flite would have just updated his roster with the players he said he wanted. he was on this board posting about it, so why couldn't he just go over there and update it. that would have resolved ALL OF THIS!!!!! that is where the problem came in. when he gave his top players away, and then didn't even bother to follow it up.

you would have got 3 players currently worth 99.1 and unevently gave up 3 players that are worth 41.05... HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT FAIR??? and another thing that just seems odd to me is the fact that your top 3 choices are Holt, Holmes, McMichael... the 3 that Top Flite sooo desired to give away to you for your scrubs? it just seems odd. i can at least explain mine and justify our trade.

but for goodness sakes - BOY - it looks like you're getting Holmes out of this deal. so i wouldn't be crying much if i was you.

and if you want to be a smart a$$ little kid that says i just won't play if i don't get it my way... well then start dropping your players and don't come back. won't hurt me a bit... but i know if it was me - i'd really be paying attention and do all that i could to win it all and THEN talk crap..... but that's just me wink.gif

i didn't need to explain myself - but i did anyways.

Martin is in a slump and he and Boldin have the POTENTIAL to have huge seasons. And please save the comments on how you think I should do anything because your opinion about anything means nothing to me. And you say I cry to get my way? hahaha...What have you been doing for the past week?? Anyway, if a grown man feels the need to call out a high school student on a message board about fantasy football he is either a loser or a jerk. You decide. Once again, its just my opinion and you cant take that away.

[ QUOTE ]

what happened to this??? i thought the players were going to be moved around on Friday?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I've been busy and haven't thought one second about it. I'll work on doing it now. No one else can jump in, so the people that responded in this thread will be the only ones getting picks. If you haven't already done so, please make sure you have a roster slot available for your new player.

so it looks like Holt, Bledsoe, Priest, and Houshmandzadeh got picked up. are you going to just drop everyone else from Top Flite's roster and then let us do a mad dash FA pickup or are you going to do a 2nd round?

he will... and even if he doesn't get it in time, the commish has the ability to go in an edit a roster and then recompile the scores based on the edited roster. so if he isn't able, then just have him edit your roster and add Holmes into it.

[ QUOTE ]

We've had a trade. I have traded the #2 pick in the draft to total in exchange for the rights to Ronnie Brown and Brandon Lloyd.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a second... i just looked over the trade. i traded away my 2 players for your 1st round pick -- the #2 pick in the draft -- so actually, wouldn't i technically still have MY 1st round pick? meaning that in the 1st round, i got your pick via trade, but kept my pick at the 10 spot? read the trade over again.

i think i'm supposed to get the last 1st round pick and the 1st 2nd round pick technically, but i ended up with Holt... so i'm not going to nit pick over details. what ever you decide works for me.

my selection is still Houszmandah (sp), R. McMichael, Randle El, Tampa, Vick

[ QUOTE ]

Holmes has been added to your roster. If we do a second round I think it's fair to go in the reverse order we just went, which means it would look like this. Thoughts?

1. Myself

2. Grundy 10

3. beaverbaseball

4. total

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats a good idea

Vick isn't a good fantasy QB. he might win games on the field, but he's average at best in fantasy. he has minimal passing yards and passing TD's, but will often give up an interception and/or fumble. his only bonus is his rushing yards, which he may or may not get... but you don't count on your QB to get your rushing yards. he's a good QB and all, but i'll pass.

i've changed my mind about my 2nd round picks... after looking at my team, and evaluating the size of the flop that T. Gonz has been - i want R. McMichael. i'll drop T. Taylor when it's time