A funny thing happened on the way to work...

GMan

this morning.

Heading to work on my usual route. Get stopped at a red light, wait for it to turn green...hit the gas, get up to speed 35-40 mph...speed limit is 35.

All of the sudden, I look in my review mirror and a cop with his lights on is heading right towards my rear bumper. I'm thinking to myself "what did I do?". Look down at the speedometer...38 mph...naw can't be that. Did I run the red light? Did I only imagine it turned green? Naw, can't be that either. Maybe someone stole my license plate off my car...it is a VT tag and this is the VT-WVU game week.

So I began to slow, turned on my signal looking for a place to pull over. As I pulled over, the cop pulls up along side my car. As my window is already rolled down, he asks,

"Is everything OK? Are you alright?".

I reply "yeh, I'm fine, why?"

"Well, you slowed down and pulled over, I thought something might be wrong."

I reply "Well, you did come flying up on my bumper with your lights on, I thought you wanted me to pullover."

He looks at me perplexed and says "Oh! Sorry, I didn't know my lights were on." He quickly speeds away...

Ah, Bluefield, VA's finest!!!

When I was living in Richmond I had a paper route. I would pick up the papers in Colonial Heights at 2 or 3 in the morning then head to Hopewell where my route was.

Well one morning just after I picked up the papers I was speeding down Charles Dimmock Pkwy (as I always did) and saw a cop. He came out and followed me a 1/4 mile or so to Temple Ave. where I turned right towards Hopewell. I just knew he was going to pull me over so I drove slowly then sure enough the lights came on. I pulled over and he walked up to the window and said "Sir are you ok?" "I said yes sir, I'm fine" He said "Are you sure? I just clocked you doing 55 in a 35 then you did 35 in a 55. I just want to make sure you're alright."

I didn't get a ticket. He just told me to turn the car off and get a little rest before I delivered my papers.

Heck, thats nothing. The Honaker police have pulled people over for doing 26, 27, 28 MPH in a 25 zone and gave a guy I went to school with a reckless driving ticket for just barely spinning his tires while pulling out from a slick parking lot last winter!