A Question for G-Man

Hacker

Graham only had three individuals in the field. Richlands and Tazewell represented the SWD as teams. It was only a one-day event.

Magna Vista won, shooting 294, with Bassett second at 301. Jeral Whitting of Magna Vista was medalist with a 68 that included a quadruple bogey 8 on the par 4, 6th hole.

Tazewell and Richlands, as teams, did not do so well.

Garland Green of Tazewell qualified for State shooting even par 70 and Taylor Lindsey of Richlands shot 72 to qualify for State. John David Hunter of Graham also qualified as an individual, shooting 75. Other individual qualifiers included Nick Viers of Abingdon with 73, Marshall Wade of Carroll Co. and Daniel Triplett of Virginia, who both shot 74.

State Tournament next Monday and Tuesday at Fincastle...I would have to say Magna Vista is the favorite to win it all.

I know I have taken my share of 8's on #6; it sounds like he shot lights out.

I am looking forward to state next week. Another chance to show the folks in the other regions some of what makes SWVA great.

[ QUOTE ]

Marshall is a good kid and a pretty good player...he usually plays well at Fincastle.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i played with him one time and i though i did good by only lossing by 37 shots. grin.gif we played 9. but he is a great guy to hang out with and hes a blast when hanging around the Country Club. he really makes the old guys lossen up and we all have fun there.

[ QUOTE ]

Did the team from Hokietown qualify?

Do we know the teams we will be seeing next weel?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I know so far...

Region IV: Magna Vista & Bassett

Region III: Blacksburg & Salem

Region II: playing today (most likely Western Albemarle + 1 other)

Region I: Bruton & Jamestown (I think)