Former Quaterbacks in the Southwest District

cavs43

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Graham has had a few with Neel, Sizemore, Patton, Gray, Matthews, and the Gibson kid was a good one until he got hurt against Gate City. Will Cole will be a "VERY" good one form what I saw last Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

What??? No mention of Aerial Fumble Cundiff??? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst QB we ever had was Bill Dudley, hands down. The man set the state record for interceptions in a playoff game it was against Radford and we (the Graham fans) could not believe what we were seeing. Six interceptions in one playoff game, there were years Carlock didn't throw six passes in the entire season. It was like a nice sunny afternoon in Hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful Sandman...you may find yourself on the wrong end of a "defamation of character" lawsuit... blush.gif

For doing all the things you expect a quarterback to do, H.T. Mathews was the best I've seen in the SWD. Great composure, as was even better seen on the basketball court. I put Eddie Neel right behind him, because of H.T.'s arm. Easy on Dudley, he did lead Graham to an undefeated regular season. There are a few sights that are etched in my mind. The Grimes catch against Tazewell, Ahmad on kickoff coverage against Liberty Bedford when he was a sophomore, Ahmad's run against Martinsville as a senior, Tommy Edwards slinging Todd King in circles by his facemask, Rustburg's second chance kick going through the uprights, Dave Lawson breaking his collar bone on a TD catch, every minute of Graham/Gretna, and unclouded amoung these is the naked bootleg that Dudley ran against Radford which was called back.

[ QUOTE ]

For doing all the things you expect a quarterback to do, H.T. Mathews was the best I've seen in the SWD. Great composure, as was even better seen on the basketball court. I put Eddie Neel right behind him, because of H.T.'s arm. Easy on Dudley, he did lead Graham to an undefeated regular season. There are a few sights that are etched in my mind. The Grimes catch against Tazewell, Ahmad on kickoff coverage against Liberty Bedford when he was a sophomore, Ahmad's run against Martinsville as a senior, Tommy Edwards slinging Todd King in circles by his facemask, Rustburg's second chance kick going through the uprights, Dave Lawson breaking his collar bone on a TD catch, every minute of Graham/Gretna, and unclouded amoung these is the naked bootleg that Dudley ran against Radford which was called back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Sandman on this one...all I remember are the turnovers...he didn't lead them to an undefeated season...they had an undefeated season in spite of him...