Very Early AA preseason picks

RenegadeFan

well its almost that time of yr folks

when the pigskin gets put away and the round ball comes to life again, even more proof is the fact of NBA pre games already taking place and the season itself starting Tuesday Nov. 1st

so with all this i've been getting excited and thinking about who i thinks gonna be the top teams and all to beat this season

so here they are...

1. Logan - just as like with Winfield last season, they are the top dawg until someone proves them beatable (which btw we all know they are) they return a good nucleous and could be dangerous from behind the arc this season, will be interesting to see what happens in Logan Co. this season, one big factor for Logan, no Lou Green, the big question surrounding everyone is who will be taking Lou's place as a pressence on the court, as i said will be interesting to see

2. Bluefield - to me Bluefield proved a lot in the summer leagues, now if they will be able to bring what they did in the summer league to the season, Bluefield could be back in the championship hunt

3. Westside - bring back a lot of talent from there runner up team but lost a few talents as well, but i believe WS will be ok, there biggest threat right now is Wyo. East in the sectional game, they get by them and i think they will do good

4. Weir - i think they bring back a good number of players from last yrs team to make some noise

5. R'wood

6. Tolsia

7. WE

8. Poca

9. MV

10. Scott

well those are my early preseason picks for the top 10

should be an interesting season for sure!

yeah, Weir actually is one of the few teams in all of WV sports that could do the triple crown (as bad as i hate to admit it)

i think Woodrow, Weir, and Central all have the chance at doing the triple crown, but doing it will be another thing

as BR pointed out Weir got a transfer from an Ohio school who is rumored to be an all around good baller, supposedly he can post up and play down low, he can drive, and when given the chance can shoot from behind the arc

as i'm sure the weir fan on here could probably give more details on him, as he is the one that is hyping up this kid, but if the hype is true, Weir could be a legit contender come March

and i really do look for Bluefield to be among the two 3 teams in AA all season long...in fact i look for them to be a main stay as everyone else will be flexable through the season...

i look forward to the Coal Classic when the possible chance of Westside and Bluefield match could take place!!!

IMO will at least let us Renegades see where we measure up

and another good possible matchup will be between Wyo. East/Blfd in the Coal Classic, either way should be some good match ups there...

shame we dont have another decent team in the AA field, as whoever gets to play Pikeview (whether its WS, WE, or Blfd) they will probably waltz right through them!!

[ QUOTE ]

i think Woodrow, Weir, and Central all have the chance at doing the triple crown, but doing it will be another thing

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinion I think Weir lost to much talent is baseball this past season to win state...

Woodrow even has a shot at winning upstate in Soccer this year..I heard they have a really good team

just an interesting note on the upcoming basketball season

i dont know if this will prove to be anything in the b'ball scene, but this past Sunday (or a few Sundays ago) Westside beat Logan, Poca, and Roane Co. in a AAU Fall tourney @ Poca

from what i've heard all the Logan b'ball players except for Chris Robertson played. and rumor is from both the WS windmill and the Logan windmill that WS ran the floor with Logan supposedly beating them by 30pts and leading by as much as 50pts a one time (as well as with Poca and Roane Co.)

here's what's being said:

from a logan poster

"They played at Poca in the fall league. Westside did out play Logan. A couple of Logans players who play football also played but has not been playing any basketball latley. Chris Roberston did not play for Logan either. Some 9th graders played for Logan. However like I said Westside did beat them pretty good"

from a WS poster:

"They did play and it was a run away for Westside. They (coaches) seem real pleased with what they saw from the rengades and Tyler Davis is the point guard"

everything else being said about the game by other posters is basically what i've said, i just find it very interesting at this news, maybe just maybe it could be the yr of the Renegade after all

but as i said else where, i really dunno if you can put much merit in this, cause sure yeah, supposedly WS's starters and reserves beat Logan's but i'm sure in a regular season game and even more so in a post season game, Logan would probably put up a better fight...or at least i would think

none the less still pretty interesting stuff

another interesting note WS's AAU team is coached by WS's Assistant Coaches Nick Cook and Matt Hopkins and possible future WS coach and former Oceana standout Thomas Evans Jr.