Bluefield/James Monroe

Sources

[ QUOTE ]

I will say this however, should James Monroe win out, we have a shot to leap frog Weir and finish second because Weir is open the final week of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not trying to start anything, but I have been told that if Weir wins their last game, which they should, they'll hold the #2 spot. It doesn't matter anyways if Weir doesn't play the last week of the season. Every team that I know of, except for Bluefield, plays 10 games. Weir just usually makes their schedule so their bye week is after the season instead of in the middle of the season, which is a smart move IMO. Weir got a lot of points for beating Magnolia, Harrison Central(OH), Indian Creek(OH), and AAA Brooke.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even see how JM could pass Weir in the rankings unless Weir would lose. This isn't possible IMO considering Weir has beaten a AAA opponent while JM doesn't have a AAA team on their schedule, so it'd be hard for them to make up the difference of those points.

[ QUOTE ]

with all due respect since when did bluefield become a place where the refs cheat opposing teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit, I have seen some horrible officiating at Bluefield's games. However, it was horrible BOTH WAYS!!!

The worst officiating I've ever seen, as far as "homer officiating" goes, is at James Monroe. Those "farmers" may not have enough money to pay those officials to cheat but they sure must have enough "home brew" to get the officials on their side.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't even see how JM could pass Weir in the rankings unless Weir would lose. This isn't possible IMO considering Weir has beaten a AAA opponent while JM doesn't have a AAA team on their schedule, so it'd be hard for them to make up the difference of those points.

[/ QUOTE ] Our last game is against Greenbrier East who is AAA while Weir is idle that week. Plus if we beat Bluefield that will be big points too.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Our last game is against Greenbrier East who is AAA while Weir is idle that week. Plus if we beat Bluefield that will be big points too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weir may be idle, but they have played ten games and won nine, and they play a very tough schedule...you guys play nobody but Bluefield and Greenbrier East and GE is down this year and Bluefield only has five or six wins, so there is no way in God's green earth that you pass Weir in the ratings, even if you manage to win your last two which is highly doubtful. Add some quality teams to that cupcake schedule you got and then maybe you can go 6-4 and make the playoffs and have a chance to win it all like Bluefield or Wheeling Central....they consistently make the finals in their Class by playing a tough schedule and going in the playoffs battle tested and ready to play.

As i understand the points system. If we beat east we get an automatic 12 point plus bonus from teams we beat if they win that weekend. The max points Weir could get being idle is 9 bonus points for the 9 teams they have beaten winning games.

All you need to know is that they are 8-0, playing Bluefield at Mitchell Stadium @ 7:30 pm Friday October 28. May the better team on that night win...Easy to blame refs for your losses or your wins...Just play the game! Good luck to all.

Excuse the interruption but have you ever considered the fact that coach Simon and company is a class act. They teach young men the fundementals of football and the lessons of life. I do not believe that they would ever stoop to that level (paying refs)nor would they ever drink any concoction composed of watermelon. Maybe you could catch them in wheeling later this year...probably dining on steak and sipping Billaud-Simon Chablis or some other fine wine.

Do they not teach math in Monroe County?

Get this....Weir has 102 points currently and they have played nine games for a rating of 11.33 they will get 10 more points this weekend with a win over Buckeye Local a AA team out of Ohio which has one win....they will also have a number of "bonus points" coming from other defeated opponents, both this weekend and next. Let's say another 7-15 possible but to be conservative that gives them only five or 117 points or 11.70 rating.

You guys currently have 86 points let's say the unthinkable and the Beavers don't show up and you win somehow this Friday night....that would give you 14 points (9 pluse 5 wins) giving you now 100 points divided by nine games or a rating of 11.1 okay let's say you beat Greenbrier East for another 13 points or total of 113 for the season...now you divide by ten games and you get a rating of 11.3, how do you possibly fathom that you could pass Weir even if you win out....which we all know ain't gonna happen. Even in your wildest dreams you cannot pass them...Got it?

Now Willie I wish I understood the point system better, maybe if I did I could dream up a way to have you guys end up Number Two, but given my limited knowledge this is the best I can come up with, now what is it that I am not getting here that you farmers in Monroe County know and the rest of the state does not know? Please tell us.

Here is the way it stacks up...

Weir currently has 102 points, or a rating of 11.33 through 9 games.

Weir has one game left vs. Buckeye Local, OH on 10/28.

If they win, they will get a total of 10 points for the victory. They will also receive 1 bonus point for defeating the winner of Oak Glen-Magnolia. They have the potential for earning another 6 bonus points for victories by defeated opponents on 10/28. They could also earn another 2 bonus points on 11/4 for victories by defeated opponents.

The maximum number of points Weir can have at the end of the regular season is 121, or a 12.1 rating through 10 games.

James Monroe currently has 86 points, or a rating of 10.75 through 8 games.

James Monroe has two games left, at Bluefield on 10/28 and at Greenbrier East on 11/4.

If they win both of those games, they will earn 14 points for Bluefield and a guaranteed 13 points for Greenbrier East. They will receive 1 bonus point for defeating the winner of the Shady Spring-Liberty Raleigh game on 10/28 and 1 bonus point for defeating the winner of the Wyoming East-Liberty Raleigh game on 11/4. They have the potential for earning another 6 bonus points for victories by defeated opponents on 10/28. They could also earn another 2 bonus points on 11/4 for victories by defeated opponents.

The maximum number of points James Monroe can have at the end of the regular season is 123, or a 12.3 rating through 10 games.

So, if James Monroe gets the MAXIMUM number of points it possibly can over the next two weeks, yes, they will overtake Weir for the #2 seed.

HOWEVER, in my opinion it is a long shot.

This is how I project things...

Weir should finish with 118 points, or an 11.8 rating.

James Monroe, if they win both of their final two games, should finish with 115 or 116 points, or an 11.5 or 11.6 rating. Weir would be the #2 seed. Wayne will be the #1 seed if they win out with a rating of at least 12.4.

You play ONE AAA team that has won a single game this year. We played a top 6-7 AAA team that will end up w/ 8 wins and another team that has slipped as of late but will still end up winning around 6 games. If Weir wins this week I am positive they will be a #2 seed. That's pretty sad when you go 10-0 and can't crack the top two. I think it's time to start changing the schedule up. It doesn't really matte b/c Bluefield is going to light up the scoreboard this year winning easily over JM. That will mean JM will drop to around 6.

its going to all depend on which Blfd team shows up this week..after last weeks debacle im not so sure of anything, but i do THINK they will beat JM rather handily

QUOTE:

If Weir wins this week I am positive they will be a #2 seed. That's pretty sad when you go 10-0 and can't crack the top two.

---------------------------

But didn't you just say Bluefield would light up the scoreboard and win easily? If that happens,how coould we go 10-0? You're a real work of art. You better start keeping notes, so you can remember what you have said.

The only thing sad on here is, You can't talk without putting your foot in your mouth!!!

[ QUOTE ]

GMan...Thanks for the clarfication. I know it's a lomg shot, I were just saying it was possible. Hillbilly, I guess you might want to take a little math from these farmers...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it is possible for the sun to not come up in the morning but HIGHLY unlikely. In order for G-Man's scenario to work out...Pikeview (1-7) would have to beat both Pocahontas VA and Midland Trail, Oak Hill (2-6) would have to beat both Mt. View (6-2) and Grundy VA, and Summers County (0-8) would have to beat AAA Nicholas County (5-3), and Point Pleasant (3-5) would have to beat Herbert Hoover (7-1), I was talking in the "real world" it could not happen not in "G-Man's fantasy land". And even he said it was "highly unlikely"...so dream on Alice. I will say it again there is no way you will pass Weir to get to number two...so deal with it.

QUOTE:

Well it is possible for the sun to not come up in the morning but HIGHLY unlikely. In order for G-Man's scenario to work out...Pikeview (1-7) would have to beat both Pocahontas VA and Midland Trail,

-------------------------

If I'm not mistaken, both of these teams are A teams. So we wouldn't get any points from them anyway. This is in the real world too...