Bluefield/James Monroe

Sources

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying JM doesn't have a chance, but if Bluefield is as good as people are saying this year then they should have no problem handing the Mavs their first loss of the season. Even w/o Powell, I look for them to cruise easily to a W, but I could easily be wrong on my prediction seeing as how I haven't seen either team play this year. I am just going on what I've heard about both teams and JM's reputation in the past.

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

Well it is possible for the sun to not come up in the morning but HIGHLY unlikely. In order for G-Man's scenario to work out...Pikeview (1-7) would have to beat both Pocahontas VA and Midland Trail,

-------------------------

If I'm not mistaken, both of these teams are A teams. So we wouldn't get any points from them anyway. This is in the real world too...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct...I did not give JM any possible points for those games.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying JM doesn't have a chance, but if Bluefield is as good as people are saying this year then they should have no problem handing the Mavs their first loss of the season. Even w/o Powell, I look for them to cruise easily to a W, but I could easily be wrong on my prediction seeing as how I haven't seen either team play this year. I am just going on what I've heard about both teams and JM's reputation in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone has said Bluefield is "good" (you have really stretched the meaning of "good" into "great" in your post BTW) this season...at 5-3 with a couple of ugly losses, their record speaks for itself.

They have too many deficiencies to be considered a "good" (by your definition) team...however, they are a quality team and it will take a good effort by most "good" teams to beat them. And yes, I would consider HH's RB gaining over 300 yards and scoring 7 TDs a good effort by a "good" team.

I think the JM-Bluefield game will be much closer than most people think. It will be a tough matchup for JM due to Bluefield's overall speed. However, in my opinion, Bluefield will need to rely on its POWER GAME to set the table for the speed. Bluefield will also have to play a virtually mistake free game in order to have a chance of winning...they can't turn the ball over, the defense will have to stop the JM running game, the D will also have to create some turnovers, and the special teams have to be clicking on all cylinders (punt/KO returns have to give them good field position, punt/KO coverage must not give up "big plays", FGs and XPs must be converted if/when the opportunity arises). Also, the fans have to be into it...HEAR THAT STUDENT SECTION???? If all these things come together, Bluefield will send JM home with their first loss. However, any deviation from what I've posted, Bluefield will drop to 5-4 and be looking at a road game vs. a top seed come playoff time.

Just my $.02.... grin.gif

You can only play who is on your schedule, just let the kids play, I do believe in my heart that Fridays game will be a very tight ball game that could go either way...Is Bluefield as good it normally is? No, however they are still a playoff team that can be dangerous who is beating teams they should. As far as James Monroe, I watched them play friday night and thank goodness they are more physical this year than last. They are a top 5 double AA team and deserving, the kids just play who is on the schedule...This fridays game will be a great thing to watch for area fans...Just like a playoff game...almost. good luck to all