BCS is out... new number 1

total

Texas out points USC to take the BCS #1... VT is still #3. we could potentially have 4 teams with an undefeated season, and i hope it happens... just so it shows how stupid this BCS crap is. College needs a playoff system so that the champ can be decided on the field and not by a computer matching up who it has mathmatically #1 and #2

BCS rankings

won't be enough...tech is on the outside looking in right now and will stay there unless one of the top two drop a game, which won't happen....VT will be lucky to finish up perfect anyway...don't get me wrong...i'm a tech fan...but they have a hard few games left to play and they will have to play better than they did last week to win out.

I think they'll win out. BC, Miami and UNC are at Lane. They have to play @ UVA who did beat FSU but I'll still take Tech in that one. The ACC Championship game might be a challenge though.

VT has a difficult schedule remining and they will not win out, not sayin that b/c i despise them, just lookin at the odds with the teams remaining and a young QB..even if they did win out...refer back to AUBURN last year...sorry

[ QUOTE ]

how could ya jump texas for # 2 when they're # 1 smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Strength of schedule. Tech's gets stronger from here on out while UT's gets weaker. It'll still be tough to jump them because the humans aren't going to change their votes, but the computers are 1/3 of the equation so if Tech wins out they have a good chance.

I hate the BCS, simply for the fact that the only reason Texas is #1 is because they are beating up on all those crappy Big 12 teams. The ACC has 4 top 15 teams while the Big 12 only has 1 team in the top 15 and 2 in the top 25 (Texas and Texas Tech). Don't get me wrong, Texas has a good team this year, but the only way anyone can ever gauge them at the end of the season is if they play the other top 3 teams in the country, which won't happen of course.

[ QUOTE ]

Big 12 only has 1 team in the top 15 and 2 in the top 25 (Texas and Texas Tech

[/ QUOTE ]

yes....BUT Texas Tech was number 7 in the rankings when Texas beat them and earlier in the year Ohio State was #2....strong schedule.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Big 12 only has 1 team in the top 15 and 2 in the top 25 (Texas and Texas Tech

[/ QUOTE ]

yes....BUT Texas Tech was number 7 in the rankings when Texas beat them and earlier in the year Ohio State was #2....strong schedule.....

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not very strong..its not where they were its where they end up.

On PTI, both Tony and Wilbon think Tech will jump over someone, most likely Texas.

Jeff Sagarin ranks Tech's schedule (up to this point) #55 in the country. Texas is #30. That will change as the season goes on and Tech plays #13 Boston College, #9 Miami, and a probable ACC Championship game with #14 Florida State. The only notable games remaining for Texas are unranked Texas A&M, and a B12 Championship game against a currently unranked opponent.

Sagarin ranks the ACC as the second best conference this year. The BIG-12 is #4.