Hey Lance..............

Tid_Bit

28-0 grundy

ever heard that score before Tiddy? grin.gif

i don't know...this is the week Grundy will play if they stick to the "every other week" thing they have done all season...so who knows?

ahhhhhhhh the refreshing memories of a 28-0 rout at the hands of the golden wave brings back fond memories.

let us take a trip back in the way back machine and recall that fateful day................

The mighty bulldogs, 7 and 0 at the time and currently ranked #1 in the state of Virginia, by the way did I mention that they were on a 21 game winning streak and were defending state champs! Nonetheless, the powers that be chose this juggernaut to be the HOMECOMING OPPONENT for the struggling 2 and 5 Golden Wave. The rest my friends is history........28 to 0 (goose egg, nada, zip, zilch, zero.)

By the way how many years was it after that before TAzewell beat Grundy again. 10 or l1 years????

Also, another intersting fact, Tazewell went on to lose the next 2 regular season games and lost in the first round of the playoffs. How is that for gettin' set back?

Back to Today...........

My passion for Grundy football isn't quite what it used to be and I would dare talk any smack on this message board, no offense to the current or referenced tAzewell team(s) and I wish the best to both clubs this Friday night. Play hard and stay safe from injury.

Memories like that stay with you forever.

Later

Guest old_school

I remember that game well. Jeff Lamie out with a broken collar bone at the beginning of the game and the Tazewell spirit was broken. I graduated that year from Tazewell and it was a shock to see Grundy wip us 28-0 that year. We lost to Va High the following week and to Marion after that. Tid Bit probably remembers it as well. Shocking, because I really thought we were state bound again that year.

anything can happen on Friday nights...you just never know...most of the time it goes like you think, but every now and then something strange happens...that's why you play (and go to watch) the games.

I just always like to bring that up to Mr. Tid the week of the Grundy vs. Tazewell game each year..lol...since he was calling me out for a score...seemed like a good time to do it. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

anything can happen on Friday nights...you just never know...most of the time it goes like you think, but every now and then something strange happens...that's why you play (and go to watch) the games.

I just always like to bring that up to Mr. Tid the week of the Grundy vs. Tazewell game each year..lol...since he was calling me out for a score...seemed like a good time to do it. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess if you cant win a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.....then at least you can always revel in the fact that you beat a STATE CHAMP! blush.gif

yeah...you have to take what you can get...lol.

If you can get over to Grundy tonight...going to meet up with a couple of people after the game from T-Town...would be good to see you again man.

In 1987 when Jeff Lamie broke his collarbone in the first period Tazewell was 7-1 at the time and finished 7-4. It was several years before the Dogs beat the Golden Wave again but that game was the heartbreaker for THS good times for a long time.