Bluefield / James Monroe updates

tom

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all that matters is where his feet were... and i'm sure you could see his feet better where you were then the ref could... like i said, we can all watch it on the news and then speculate. it was questionable to me if he got his feet in or not, but the ref was right there and called it. but we have evidence and everyone will see tonight. please say no more about that play and just watch the news.

I'm willing to give credit to James Monroe but if you want me to tell you like it is, I have no problem with that. I'd just hope I wouldn't have to play Wayne and especially Weir in the playoffs if I were you. If you get up by two touchdowns on this team, they're not built to make a comeback.

Like I said though, congratulations to the players and to those James Monroe fans who carry themselves with class.

[ QUOTE ]

all that matters is where his feet where... and i'm sure you could see his feet better where you were then the ref could... like i said, we can all watch it on the news and then speculate. it was questionable to me if he got his feet in or not, but the ref was right there and called it. but we have evidence and everyone will see tonight. please say no more about that play and just watch the news.

[/ QUOTE ]

Know what bugs me here? The guy's team won, and he's complaining on how much we should have scored. Guy needs to enjoy his win, and stop complaining about whether BHS should have had 7 or 14

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe not, but you guys sure as hell can't lose with class.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because they rarely lose. State title count, Bluefield 8...JM 0! I could see JM celebrating like they won the Super Bowl. It must suck that they are that jealous of Bluefield's program. I will say congrats to both teams and good luck w/ the playoffs!

i hate to say this, but i kind of hope that JM does jump over Weir so that Weir can come down and play 'em... i'd go to that game and "HOPE" for a good game..... because i think me hopeing for one is about as close as i'll get to seeing one. JM wants no part of Weir - i guarantee it!!!!! they might think they do, but trust me - they don't.

How many times have you played Bluefield and how many times have you beaten them? That's what I thought. Weir has 6 state titles and their program is by far superior to JM. Enjoy the win, but don't get too excited. Weir will end up at #2 and you will come up to Jimmy Carey Stadium if you make it to the semis and get sent back down Route 7 w/ another embarrassing loss to the Red Riders.

that punt return seemed to be a legit score, the refs flagged a crackback, that seemed to be legal, as a block in the back.

In my opinion it was bluefield's o that was lacking, their d hasn't stopped any team I agree, but they should score more than 14 with the o they have nonetheless. But their o is often to predictable and this season inconsistent.

Is # 88 for bluefield injured recently?

Bluefield doesn't seem to be playing very well lately, but noone better sleep on them in the playoffs. They just know how to win in the postseason. If JM and Bluefield meet in the playoffs and Bluefield gets Powell back, it's a totally different football game. Like I said enjoy the win, b/c in a few short weeks you will be exposed again as a weak team that plays an even weaker schedule. Bluefield fans keep your heads up. After Weir won the 98 state title, they sufferered through several losing seasons. We are back where we want to be now and that is exactly where Bluefield will be in the next few years.

Wow man, you really laid it on me, I'm speechless. I'll take a quote from the Hokie fans that I work with when you ask them who owns the series record betwwen WVU and vt. "Why do you live in the past, this is now!" According to them football wasn't invented until 1995 in B-burg.

Have a good day.

If we were given one as you say, ( which we weren't, there were friends of mine in the corner of that end zone that were for James Monroe that said that was a legimate TD) then it was a make up call for the touchdown that was called back on the punt return where we put three of your stars flat on their backs with legitimate blocks. A bullcrap clipping call. How can you cry about a call in our corner of the endzone like you saw it up close. You have no clue. Pretty sad considering you celebrated like you won the state championship after the game. But I guess in your eyes, you did, considering we are the best team you will beat this year. A state championship will never happen for monroe county this year. The big dawgs in AA this year will demolish you like last year.

but i will agree with Weir that if Powell is back in the playoffs, then this will be a different team... and certainly like to play JM again with him. but sadly, i don't think we will get that luxery.

even a blind dog will occasionally find a bone, JM found theirs, now they can take it back with them b/c the REAL teams in AA this year will put that bone where the sun doesnt shine..there is a big difference between contenders and pretenders..

ok... i just saw it on the news... and it's still up in the air. his feet were WAY in, but what hit the ground first? it was very, VERY close and could have gone either way, but we don't have instant replay and the ref called it a TD... so guess what - it was a TD..... and you all still won... beat us and those BLATENTLY cheating refs - hahaha... yep, the refs are the only reason this game was even close. if it wouln't have been for that, and calling back out punt return, i bet you all would have won by like 50 points. just keep telling yourself that, just keep telling yourself that, just keep telling yourself that.... and eventually you'll believe it.

yeah - that was a crazy good catch... but like i said, i figured WVU_1 had a better view of it then the ref did. i mean, he was probably all the way over on the JM side when the catch was in our corner of the end zone, he must have had a better view then the ref and the camera though. it must have been cheating.

just wish we could have had a replay of that punt return... so we could see if it was good or not. then they'd really have something to talk about. they know they could have lost tonight... they didn't dominate like a state champ would with that Bluefield team... look what Hoover did, and i don't even think they're champ contenders...

[ QUOTE ]

Wow man, you really laid it on me, I'm speechless. I'll take a quote from the Hokie fans that I work with when you ask them who owns the series record betwwen WVU and vt. "Why do you live in the past, this is now!" According to them football wasn't invented until 1995 in B-burg.

Have a good day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to pass on the VT-WVU bait. Too easy. Harkening back to old times....not relevant. But if the wins in 1907 (sarcasm) help make it OK, well, far be it from me to say otherwise.

so, i thought wvu_1 would be all over that TD catch that was on the news??? oh well... guess he agrees that it was good. wonder what his view was on that punt return? i saw 3 good hits... don't know if it was called on one of those 3 or on some other hit... i don't know, i didn't see it... but i bet wvu_1 did and i bet he knows exactly what happened... 'cuz he probably had the best seat in the house and could see on our sideline way better then we could.

wait a second... i just re-read over all this, and wvu_1 wasn't even there. he was going by here say... what the homer JM radio crew was saying. i hope they saw that catch on the news too...

wvu_1 should just keep his mouth shut unless he is there and sees it with his own eyes..... BECAUSE I WAS!!!! and i merely tried to give my opinion - which was that it was close and that we should watch it on the news.... but he's funny - typical JM.