Big Game in the LPD

LPDBSBL

Gate City and John I. Burton square off on Friday night with a share of the LPD Championship at stake. J.I. Burton won a piece of it with their win over Clintwood Friday night. If Burton can defeat GC, then it will be their first undefeated season since 1972. I will say this...Burton does not match up well with the GC up front which could spell disaster for the Raiders.

Burton is having a awesome year but its hard to beat Gate City at home. I think Burtons speed against GC's home field advantage makes this one even. Would not be surprised if this one comes down to a extra point.

Burton wins they are they LPD champs thats a fact but can anyone clarify where Gate City stands? I'm thinking if GC loses this one they are out and Powell Valley is the LPD runner up if they beat Appalachia and if GC wins they are the LPD champs and Burton is the runner up. ??????

"Big Game" indeed! I have watched both teams this year against various opposing teams. J.I. Burtons speed will challenge a strong Bluedevil defensive front line. But though the Devils lack the speed on offense, the muscle itself will be a factor when yardage is needed even on small gains down the field, or just enough to push the ball through the goal line.

Here (in my opinion) is speed against muscle in what will surely be a hard hitting if not, the game of the week.

(Good luck to both teams!) See ya at the game.

Speed prevails in this one with a J.I.Burton win after a hard fought game! wink.gif

Honaker, Haysi, Gate City & Powell Valley have already qualified for the Region D, Division 2 playoffs, no matter what happens this week, or in the case of Haysi, the following week. The only thing that needs to be decided is home field. Currently, the Black Diamond teams have the edge, but Gate City could become #1 seed if they beat Burton this week while Honaker loses to Tazewell and Haysi loses to Grundy next week. Powell Valley will travel no matter what happens.