Top 10 player in SWD In last 20 years

oldskool

I remember him he was definately a good player. he had good size and he could shoot well also. I remember min hitting about 7 threes in a row at Tazewell. I thought he was a better all around player than Looney. The best players that I can remember from Tazewell would be Derek Jones, Patterson if he hadn't kept quitting, Jesse Davis, Richlands had the big McComas kid in '92 and Alsbrook in '93. Graham has had a few POY's Bradshaw, Jones, Dews, Gray, and Belcher was a very good ballplayer that could play every position on the floor except maybe the point.

Guest old_school

Here are some notables:

Ahmad Bradshaw- who made first team state. I thought it was funny when I looked at the first team and the average height was about 6'4 and Ahmad was there at 5'11.

John Walker- Tazewell. If you pushed it back to 22 years it would have been Nick Puckett.

Pete ?- Richlands. He could shoot outside.

Carey Perkins- Grundy. I remember he would turn off his hearing aids when he went to the free throw line so he couldn't hear the crowd.

[ QUOTE ]

Here are some notables:

Ahmad Bradshaw- who made first team state. I thought it was funny when I looked at the first team and the average height was about 6'4 and Ahmad was there at 5'11.

John Walker- Tazewell. If you pushed it back to 22 years it would have been Nick Puckett.

Carey Perkins- Grundy. I remember he would turn off his hearing aids when he went to the free throw line so he couldn't hear the crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you thinking of Pete Ball?

[ QUOTE ]

what about Jeff "spider" Hurst....he was a force in the paint...they way he threw around his 6'3 120lbs....I can't believe a Div.1 college didn't take him out of high school. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He said the last 20 years. By now, Jeff Hurst has to be 80 years old if he's a day.

Guest old_school

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Here are some notables:

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you thinking of Pete Ball?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats his name. I read the one about Jesse Davis and kept thinking Davis but it didn't sound right. Pete could really shoot.

Hurst had lanky arms (some called them skinny) and he was a real smart player. I believe he was ranked # 3 in his class behind Wes Hardin and Bert Warner. Wes was more of a fighter and Bert was more of a lover. Anyway, Hurst was a great player who could snatch a rebound, dribble the length on the court, and then pull up and do a Meadowlark Lemon dribble drill at mid court and then drive the pill to the rack topping it off with a slam dunk.

• 2 weeks later...