Officiating

FatBoy

I was told today that Ofishe8 was the referee that assigns all the refs to the basketball games. The tall skinny ref that works at the prison said Ofishe8 was the person responsible for the game assignments, changing the referee's addresses and information, X-ing out dates, etc. I went to the AOA website but couldn't get access to any information regarding who is scheduled to call games this year. What I am asking Ofishe8 is if he will get on the message board and tell us the password so we can find out who is calling the games this year?

[ QUOTE ]

I was told today that Ofishe8 was the referee that assigns all the refs to the basketball games. The tall skinny ref that works at the prison said Ofishe8 was the person responsible for the game assignments, changing the referee's addresses and information, X-ing out dates, etc. I went to the AOA website but couldn't get access to any information regarding who is scheduled to call games this year. What I am asking Ofishe8 is if he will get on the message board and tell us the password so we can find out who is calling the games this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it's kind of like dining at an exclusive four-star restaurant (and for local context, I mean something like V & V):

If you have to ask, you're not getting any games to call.

Hey Richlands Aluminum! Hey I ain't no ref but I could do a lot better than some of them guys. Some of the best I saw last year was Mr. Altizer who teaches at RMS, Sanders Henderson from Tazewell, Barry Yost who is a school Principal somewhere, Jeff Herst the local gravedigger, Arzie Underwood from Bluefield and Mack Shupe from JJ Kelly. I just want to know ahead of time who is going to call the games so I will know what to expect from them. Ofishe8 ought to be able to assign some good refs for local games.

Hay Fatback, I dont ref eithr but I heard that that Yost got to fat during football and aint going to call BB that dude from Bluefield is a long haul trucker and that guy from Tazewell moved over to Adkins on I 81. I think he is the best out of all the ones you said . I feel he should go up to Lynchburg or where ever they have the state and call a AAA Boys game. Maybe Ofishy8 can take care of him. I am like Fatback I would lie to watch him call.

I honestly don't believe for a second that Henderson ever called a state game in his life. I'm surprised he's officiating at all now, knowing how he can't count to 11, or that's what one certain former football coach in Richlands told him.

You all seem to think that Henderson couldn't call a game between State Farm agents, much less a state playoff game. I know for a fact that Henderson can count to eleven, because that is as far as he got in high school and he knew he was in the eleventh grade when he quit to join the Chippendales. I saw him ref a pick-up game one time at Hog's Wild in Kingsport and I didn't think he did that bad.

[ QUOTE ]

Henderson is awful. He called several games I played in years ago. Bad attitude too.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is certainly a weak link in the juggernaut that is the Appalachian Officials Association, and one wonders how much longer it will be until he falls into the ranks of officiating Midget League games at Richlands Elementary.

But my mama always taught me to say nice things about people too. So I have to confess that Henderson's level of personal hygiene is occasionally acceptable (the definition of "acceptable" varying from one county to another, of course).

[ QUOTE ]

weak link in the juggernaut that is the Appalachian Officials Association

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny! IMO, they are all "weak links" in the world of officiating...

[ QUOTE ]

I guess you have called alot of games and gave alot of your time for no pay. Walk a mile in the refs. shoes then you can talk big boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never have called one but I guarantee I could do a better job. I would at least call it fair both ways...I wouldn't call touch fouls at one end and allow tackling at the other end. Lots of the "local refs" don't have the ability to be unbiased when they officiate a game...that's the reason I can not stand to watch high school basketball...sad but true...

[ QUOTE ]

well if that is the case you had better stay at home and watch Speinger reruns

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries mate...couldn't pay me enough to go to a high school game...BTW what the heck is "Speinger reruns"???

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries mate...couldn't pay me enough to go to a high school game...BTW what the heck is "Speinger reruns"???

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a local access show originating from the Glade Spring metropolitan area. Topic for next week's show is livestock who feel they were wrongfully spayed and/or neutered.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a local access show originating from the Glade Spring metropolitan area. Topic for next week's show is livestock who feel they were wrongfully spayed and/or neutered.

[/ QUOTE ]

How a-moo-sing!!! LOL

Henderson is obviously something close to you. I was on the court and sidelines many times with him as an official and its just like many have said here...he cant keep his opinion of certain school outta his calls. He is very biased toward teams and players. He has no business calling games.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Henderson is obviously something close to you

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmm....What?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe there's a whole Empire Strikes Back angle here. I believe that Sanders Henderson will magically appear on this message board and post the following:

"89Tornado......I am your father."

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Henderson is obviously something close to you

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmm....What?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe there's a whole Empire Strikes Back angle here. I believe that Sanders Henderson will magically appear on this message board and post the following:

"89Tornado......I am your father."

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunatly for me, Sanders' voice wouldn't sound as intimidating as Darth Vader's when he is telling me he's "my father"......I envision the voice of Jar-Jar Binks or Richard Simmons being spewed forth from that toothless hole in his head.

[ QUOTE ]

unfortunatly for me, Sanders' voice wouldn't sound as intimidating as Darth Vader's when he is telling me he's "my father"......I envision the voice of Jar-Jar Binks or Richard Simmons being spewed forth from that toothless hole in his head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I've got a mental image of Richard Simmons yelling "Who's your daddy?"

Thanks for pretty much wrecking the start of my weekend, 89.

No problem Alum, maybe you could give OFISHE8 a call and he could wear his tank top and little silk running shorts to the game tomorrow, just to give you a true mental picture of Richard Simmons in action.

i will agree that the refs in swva are not the best. but not all is there fault. the get sent to a game with different help just about every game. when they get there. the decide who will be where. this is why you get f=refs making a call out of postion. they should be a crew. work together at everygame. baring an emergency or something. then they will be more consistent. and know when the other needs help. its not so bad for a ref to be bad as long as he is bad all the time and on both ends.