Challenge to Richlands Fans!!!

BigD4VT

The Blues are preparing to play the biggest game of the year against the beast team we’ve seen since Salem came to town a year ago. Their players have as much talent, and work just as hard as Richlands’ players. Their coaches are every bit as good as ours. But we have one thing this week they don’t have. HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!!! ALL of our fans will be in attendance at “The Ernie†vs. only a few hundred of theirs. Big deal you say? Fans don’t play, players do. Right?

“They think they’re the ones who are actually playing†~ Syracuse QB R.J. Anderson on Virginia Tech fans after a 51-7 loss at Lane Stadium.

The players don’t hear anything. They tune all of that out and focus on the game. Right?

“This past Saturday night, Tech’s fans were whipped into frenzy like we’ve never seen before. They affected the way the Hokies played, and surely affected the way Miami played. It was as if the Hokies had 85 scholarship players and 65,115 walk-ons. ~ Bill Roth on Virginia Tech’s upset of #2 Miami in 2003.

Hokie defensive coordinator Bud Foster had this to say after that Miami game in 2003:

"Tell our fans 'thanks,'" Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster said Sunday morning after watching the video of one of the best defensive performances in school history. "I'm serious. Tell 'em that from the time we got off the bus before the game until it ended, it was one of the most amazing atmospheres you could imagine."

Whether it’s college, pro or high school, THE FANS are home field advantage. Every field is exactly 100 yards long by 50 yards wide. Both teams use the same ball and play by the same rules. THE FANS make the difference!!! We are “The Twelfth Man!â€ÂÂ

The Twelfth Man

The tradition of the Twelfth Man was born on the second of January 1922, when an underdog Aggie team was playing Centre College, then the nation's top ranked team. As the hard fought game wore on, and the Aggies dug deeply into their limited reserves, Coach Dana X. Bible remembered a squad man who was not in uniform. He had been up in the press box helping reporters identify players. His name was E. King Gill, and was a former football player who was only playing basketball. Gill was called from the stands, suited up, and stood ready throughout the rest of the game, which A&M finally won 22-14. When the game ended, E. King Gill was the only man left standing on the sidelines for the Aggies. Gill later said, "I wish I could say that I went in and ran for the winning touchdown, but I did not. I simply stood by in case my team needed me."

This gesture was more than enough for the Aggie Team. Although Gill did not play in the game, he had accepted the call to help his team. He came to be thought of as the Twelfth Man because he stood ready for duty in the event that the eleven men on the gridiron needed assistance. That spirit of readiness for service, desire to support, and enthusiasm helped kindle a flame of devotion among the entire student body; a spirit that has grown vigorously throughout the years. The entire student body at A&M is the Twelfth Man, and they stand during the entire game to show their support. The 12th Man is always in the stands waiting to be called upon if they are needed.

“The Crowd Factor†also known as “The Noise Factor†has helped the Blue Tornado win an incredible twenty seven of their last thirty one home games. That’s FOUR losses at home in FIVE years!!!

Last year in the 24-21 playoff victory over Magna Vista we sent their fans home talking about how LOUD our fans are. One week later we sent the Salem faithful home talking about how great the free food was. We can get loud enough to send vibrations through the Ernie Hicks concrete when we want to… BUT we’re not consistent.

I challenge every Richlands fan reading this to cheer as loud as you can the entire time the BLUES DEFENSE is on the field. Not just 3rd down. EVERY DOWN!!! Not just the “Key Playsâ€ÂÂ. EVERY PLAY!!!

It’s been a magical season for the Blues. Win or lose Saturday, this will be the final game at Ernie Hicks Stadium until September. Let’s make it one that we remember forever!!! Let’s send Liberty-Bedford home talking about that team that has five thousand players!!!

"The 12th Man" is a key element in The Storm. Our fans, our town, our kids. get off your seat, dance, laugh, cheer, yell your head off and rememebr it for a long time, I will. I'' be there and my crew will do their part!

I Totally Agree BIGD....LETS SEE THE 12TH MAN ON SATURDAY...FANS, BAND, AND ESPECIALLY THE CHEERLEADERS...MRS BANDY NEEDS TO DIG DEEP IN HER BAG OF TRICKS AND COME UP WITH SOMETHING BIG!!!!...MAYBE GET THE FANS IN IT RIGHT BEFORE KICKOFF WITH A CHEER BY THE ENTIRE HOME SIDE OF: LETS GO!!! BIG BLUE!!!!....LETS GO!!! BIG BLUE!!!!

Yes, cheerleaders, please use the "NOISE" sign and the "Let's Go!" Big Blue!" signs OFISHE8 mentioned. I know they didn't work as planned last time but please try again. Just remember, "Let's Go!" is on one side of the 50 and "Big Blue" is on the other. Cheerleaders are 25% of high school football and we need you Saturday.

Band, Mr. Swartz, Mrs. Webb, whoever, please just let the band play. We have the best band in America as far as I'm concerned but they don't play half as much as the band accross the field.

I have always loved Blues football, but have never really loved the game. This team, this year has turned me into a true fan. (thanks guys! who knew?) We need to show these young men how much enjoyment they have given to us. The fans, band, cheerleaders and the whole d@#% town needs to be loud and be proud. We need to make the Minutemen wish they only had to spend a minute in Blues Country. WE NEED TO BRING IT!!!! Thanks RHS for showing me how football should be! (Star you are the man!)THE STORM IS COMING!! GO BIG BLUE!!!

I should be the one thanking you. But i have enjoyed watching you learn, And i liked your post....loud and proud. Cheerleaders need to get out and post 460 and the businesses need to do the same. Again i want to thank you, and the Richlands Blue Tornado's ,truely have a friend.

Acording to Jeff Hurst, local mortician and rabid football fan, the chili on the world famous Lions Club Concession Stand hotdogs has on more than one occasion not settled well on his stomach. He relates that it is a very common occurance for him to belch very loudly before the coin toss. Maybe if Jeff could recruit several of his fellow hot dog eaters to assemble at the Blue Tunnel and have them burp in unison, it might have the effect of a blast of TNT and get the griders fired up!

i hope they do i would like it to be on also because my dad scheduled his company dinner on the same day so i prbably cant go after not missing a game all season