anyone a future pro around here?

Fresh_Prince

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I would say you would have to be in decent shape to hit a baseball. You have to be very quick when hitting. If you aren't very active you will have slow reflexs and not be to quick to hit very well. [ QUOTE ]

yes you have to have hand eye coordnation which comes from being active but you dont have to be in great shape.

[ QUOTE ]

does anyone think there is a future playing highschool ball this year? Ive watched many games and even saw wagner pitch, havent seen anyone with near his potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wagner is a star in the pros...you don't have to be to his potential to go pro

It might be a ways off, but watch for the Kelly kids that will be coming out of Grundy. One is in 7th grade and one is in 6th. The oldest one can knock a baseball and pitch around 65 to 70, and the youngest one is a very good fielder. My younger brother played on the 12 yr. old all star team, and if the 11 and 12 yr. olds would have combined, like Buch. Co. did when I played, they could have walked through the tournament. I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like little league programs have kinda dropped off in the past few years, especially talent wise. The thing that kills Grundy though is no in between leauges from little league to high school. That, and most of all, nobody takes baseball serious after little league. Grundy could have some good ball teams....but half of the guys that play, didn't even play little league.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been hitting up at Richlands Baseball's indoor facility for atleast a month or so everyday. Just wait until some of the kids that are working hard now get up in the high school and I guarantee you that you will see some potential.

lol nobody from grundy considering baseball goes from 5th grade to 9th....its a shame too..cuz i used to love baseball im not bragging but i was decent at baseball and i bet i couldnt even hit the ball now:(

• 2 weeks later...

How are they kids without atheltic ability playing football and being successful at it? Most football players play more than one sport and some 3 or 4 sports.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to have size and speed to make it past the high school level in most sports. I played sports in the area years ago and since that time I can count on one hand the number of kids that have gone D-1 in baseball. I am not sure we have had any. That's not to say that some have not made it to the majors, but to do that most are pitchers that thrown 90 plus miles per hour. I can't ever remember any infielders that have ever gone. Most don't have strong enough arms.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

How are they kids without atheltic ability playing football and being successful at it? Most football players play more than one sport and some 3 or 4 sports.

[/ QUOTE ] Good point

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

baseball isn't the toughest sport because you really don't have to be in shape to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying catching a football, shooting a basketball, kicking a soccer ball, is harder then hitting a 90MPH + fast ball...don't think so(in my opinion)

[/ QUOTE ] U have to run down the court to shoot a basketball; u have to run to catch a football; and run to kick a soccer ball, All u have to do is walk up to the batters box

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

baseball isn't the toughest sport because you really don't have to be in shape to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying catching a football, shooting a basketball, kicking a soccer ball, is harder then hitting a 90MPH + fast ball...don't think so(in my opinion)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure its not to put a basketball in a hoop when there is only about a 3 inch diameter left inside the rim from 20 feet out, are you sure its not throwing a 50 yard pass to a WR in coverage that is 6 feet tall?

• 4 weeks later...

The most difficult thing to do in sports is hit a baseball. A batter who fails 7 times out of 10 is a STAR! A player with a 30% success rate will be on the bench in any other sport.