Best Restrooms: Still looking for those

Best Lighting: Lebanon

Worst Lighting: Richlands

Best Atmosphere: Richlands

Best Band: Richlands

Best Cheerleaders: Richlands

Best PA Announcer: Marion

Best Fans (other than Richlands): Honaker

Game of the Year: Richlands vs. Liberty (Bedford)

Thats a great list, i'd only have to disagree with you on one of these

Most Exciting Newcomer: Will Cole - GHS

I think it should be shawn brooks Sophomore at BHS

He's made some very impressive plays this seasons as his first season playing football since middle chool

[ QUOTE ]

He's made some very impressive plays this seasons as his first season playing football since middle chool

[/ QUOTE ]

This was Will Cole's first season playing football since middle school too...but he's only a freshman... LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Cole gets it easily over Shawn Brooks man

[ QUOTE ]

Will Cole gets it easily over Shawn Brooks man

I'll disagree with you on that. But i do agree in saying he's a very excellent player. Even for a freshman..

[/ QUOTE ]

State Championship game/ First possesion of game/ on 19 ready to score/ hand off to Brooks/ Fumbles/ Weir Recovers....

'State Championship game/ First possesion of game/ on 19 ready to score/ hand off to Brooks/ Fumbles/ Weir Recovers'

One week before the AA State Title game

First Posession/Brooks Scores/ bluefield 7-0

Second Posession/ Brooks Scores/ bluefield 14-0

Finial score 24-14/ take away brooks runs, that could have been fumbles and turned into points by the other team

Final James Monroe 28 Bluefield 10

Yes he did fumble but we didnt lose by 1 score either. You cant blame the entire game on him.

[ QUOTE ]

I can't belive the best PA man is not Slick Cook. He is wonderful. And that guy from Marion is about 90 and lost touch with the game. Please rethink that about the best PA man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Slick rocks but when I listen to the guy from Marion I think 1940s horse race.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I can't belive the best PA man is not Slick Cook. He is wonderful. And that guy from Marion is about 90 and lost touch with the game. Please rethink that about the best PA man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Slick rocks but when I listen to the guy from Marion I think 1940s horse race.

[/ QUOTE ]

..........."and dowm the stretch they come!" I know EXACTLY what you mean! LMAO!

[ QUOTE ]

How bout Shawn Brooks only playing in like 3-4 games the whole year and still gets special honorable mention all-state. Thats impressive to me.

He did more for Bluefield than Cole did for Graham. But thats just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry guys. I should've noted these picks are based on what I saw first hand. Except Bluefield being the most inspriing team. I didn't need to see them to know that.

bigd i take nothing away from bluefeild with beign the inspiring team with them being young and make it to the state game but Graham loosing coach carlock and then comin out with a 8-3 season making it all the way to the regional championship.. i think that is preety impressive so if i would have picked that it would have been graham or a 2 way tie.. bluefeild/graham.

How about the most under appreciated player or the most unsung talent? My vote goes to Jarryd harrison. This kid gave up wrestling last year ( on the urging of some one on the Richlands coaching staff to get bigger and stronger to run the ball). Not only did he do it but even after not getting to start on defense. He still gave it his all.

I honestly thought he was going to be the secret weapon on offense in the playoffs. I couldn't think of any other reason why he wasn't getting the ball. I'm not knocking Caleb, I just think Jarryd could've been a great change of pace compliment to him. Like "Thunder & Lightning."

I remember when Caleb went out during the Graham game, everyone was wanting to see Jarryd run the ball more. I remember quite a few saying Thunder and Lighting. I'll post next with my Awards (got nothing better to do)

This is based on who we played against

Best Team: Richlands

Most Improved Team: Carroll County

Most Inspiring Team: ?

Most Dissapointing Team: Abingdon (To me)

Best Player: Justin McCracken

Most Improved Player: ?

Most Exciting Newcomer: Tyler Bailey... When you can still put up very good #'s when the opposite team knows they are throwing to you, you did well. (Richlands got 6 INT's because of it)

Best Coaching Staff: Richlands

Best Stadium: Va High

Best Visitor Seating: Virginia High

Best Parking: ?

Best Food: I don't eat stadium food

Best Restrooms: Dunno

Best Lighting: Lee

Worst Lighting: Richlands

Best Atmosphere: Richlands

Best Band: Richlands

Best Cheerleaders: Abingdon

Best PA Announcer: Honakers (the camera guy also does commentary. Mr. Zachajewa)

Best Fans (other than Richlands): PH, sorry to say.

Game of the Year: Abingdon vs. Marion

Some next year preseason awards

Best Team: Richlands

Most Improved Team: Abingdon

Most Dissapointing Team: Va High (no district crown, so no 5 all region players grin.gif)

Best Player: Caleb Jennings

Most Improved Player: Adam Henderson (God I hope so)

gotta disagree with the best stadium and seating, garahm still has that, their stadium and seating beats libertys in lynchburg...(which was terrible).. best cheerleaders have got to be VA highs, last time i seen them, there were tons of them and all of them were extremely hott..best gane had to be CC and Richlands