Bland County Bears

skydusky

Are the Bland County Boys Basketball Team for real this year? Well from what I have gathered the main scoring threat fro the Bears is there Center Jacob Leighton. He averages around 14 or 15 points a game and about 8-10 rebounds. But the Bears have other threats including 5'11'' Senior point gaurd, Robert Faulkner. He handles the ball extremley well and can penetrate from any angle. He avergaes around 8-10 points a game and about 4 assists. Also pouring in the points is Senior Guard Matt Morris. He is deadly from 3 land and can run the floor as well as anyone out there. Another Senior Forward, Hunter Romano isn't known for his scoring but he is the best passer on the team. Rounding out the starters is 6'3'' Sophmore, Tyler Eastep. This sizzling sophmore isnt the most athletic person on the court but he finds a way to get it done. Hes averaging about 8 points a game and about 7 rebounds a game. Hes showing signs of becoming an outstanding basketball player. With these fellers combined do you think they will have a chance against good teams like Radford and George Whythe?? Any comments are greatly appricated!

[ QUOTE ]

Are the Bland County Boys Basketball Team for real this year?

[/ QUOTE ]no

[ QUOTE ]

With these fellers combined do you think they will have a chance against good teams like Radford and George Whythe??

[/ QUOTE ]no

No problem wink.gif j/k

I've talked to alot of the players and the have told me thierselves that they don't expect to be good. I wasn't trying to be a a$$, had to go christmas shoping thats all I had time to put.

But if you want to know why, BLand lost some key players from last year, even though they have some height inside they won't have the shooters outside to keep them from being 1 dimensional. To be "for real" this year you have to be able to go to the playoffs. With Grayson County and Narrows in the MED, theres a slim chance that any other team will make it. And as for Radford and George Wythe they both have really good teams, and Bland is in a rebuilding year. It would be a huge upset if Bland Co. can win one of those games. But if you know something I don't please feel free to share it with me.

Bland didnt really LOSE anyone. They lost that one dude to Emory and Henry. But truley they gained rather than lost. They picked up that Sophmore Tyler Eastep from J.V. and hes a good player. And the rest of the players are from the J.V. team 2 years ago that went undefeated in the regular season. So truley the Bears are a good team. And for Grayson and Narrows, Narrows lost big to a Auburn team that the Bears beat. And Bland hasnt had any problems with Grayson over the past couple years. So i dont know where you are getting that this year is a rebuliding year for the bears???? All i know is that Bears shouls have a Nice chance in winning the MED.

Actually, there IS someway that a Bland County player "should be playing at Emory and Henry". Bland County's Joseph Morehead signed with Emory and Henry last year and is playing with them now.

Off topic a bit, but Bland County's JV beat Grundy's JV by about 15 in a tournament at Graham a couple of weeks ago.

yes, they may have beat us.. but, we didnt start 2 of our starters and we had to play back-to-back.. and we just hapenned to get into double OT with Carrol the game before and had no time to rest.... we were just too wore down and they had some kid that wasnt missing nothing next to the end... but, if it would have been a game when we didnt play back-to-back.. it would have been close and maybe we could have won...

"JV and Varsity" maybe completely different, but so is "last year and this year".... Don't judge a team on how they looked LAST year during preseason. In high school sports, a lot changes in one year. (Plus, I did say that the JV reference was "off topic")

At that JV tournament game at Graham, Bland Co. went to THREE overtimes with Carroll Co. before you played them. Carroll was probaby more wore out against you guys than you were against us!

Bro, Mouse and myself havent been on JV for quite a while. My statement was about us beating the Bland varsity team LAST season because I was talking about a player that went to E&H. That player played LAST year so I think talking about last years team was necessary. As far as how good you are this year on Varsity, I dont know.

As far as JV goes, I dont know. Just because you win a game in JV doesnt mean your going to be a better team on the Varsity level.

LETS ALL JUST WAIT AND SEE!!! I think that Bland County has a slight chance of winning district when was the last time..who knows im ditching my own school....i think JV on the other should win the district with the toughest team being Galax!

• 2 weeks later...