The season is early but:

Lobster

well, it is really hard to tell... but, the way Twin Valley is playing.. they will be tough to beat.. with the switch of theo and tigh at Grundy.. they are looking to be a great team that plays good team ball.... apparently, Richlands has to be pretty good to stay with Twin Valley the way they did... but, for other teams, i guess time will tell...

VHS has to be considered in the Top we are (6-2) the only team to beat us has been Twin Valley and we played them twice and they beat us by only 8 points.. We have beatin a tough Gate City team and we have beatin Sullivan East. We also beat an average Patrick Henry team so im positive we should b mentioned in the Top 5 SWVA teams

VHS is a good basketball team. But when the played TV both times, the panthers didn't have their true starting 5 out. The Vandyke kid was out with a foot injury and missed the entire tournament. Thus leaving TV to put Goodman on point with didn't free him up to run off screens and set up for open shots. But I guess my opinion on the top 5 would probably have to be

TV

Gate City

Castlewood

Abington

and VHS

I'd pick VHS to win the Highlands.. but it won't be a cake walk (with AHS)..

Statesman.. when goodmans playing the 2 spot.. he can carry a team.. very explosive shooter. Does good running the pt also.. I think his true position is the shooting guard spot.. Vandykes asset to the TV club is ball handling and defense..

I think after i saw Richlands they might go in there... time will tell.. Does VHS play Richlands?

Heres mine..

1. TV weapons everywhere..inside and out..

2. Gate City.. I cant figure them out, kinda up and down.

3. Richlands.. After i saw them tangle with TV. Question? Was TV flat or Richlands that good? Time will tell..

4. Castlewood.. Fundamental, great outside shooting team ,good coaching staff.

5. tie.. Abingdon.. Virginia High

6. Haysi.. their secret is still in the box.. I'll pick them to be a supprise.

7. Council.. traditionally strong. Show downs coming at TV tonight.

i dont understand how Gate City can b ranked above VHS condering that Virginia High beat them. Also in the VHS tournay Patrcik Henry beat Castlewood and VHS beat Patrick Henry so i dont understand those teams can b ranked higher the VHS and VHS is (8-2) Abingdon is (5-4) who looks like the better team???

Heres mine for what its worth.

1. TV

2. Richlands

3. Va. High

4. Gate City

5. Castlewood

6. Grundy

7. Abingdon

8. Haysi

9. Coeburn

10. Twin Springs

11. Chilhowie

Porchys10 was talking about the TV guards.. How about TVs big guy Baldwin ,Lester and Shortridge is stepping it up.. Then, theres Richlands Robinsons playing good. Ashby from Grundy, Barton from Council.. Lots of good players out there. These are all just ones i've seen or read about.. maybe someone can throw a player in! Hows the QB gonna help Richlands? Hes got some size!