Marcus Vick dissmissed from the VT football team..

GMan

I think it was a good decision to let him go, I had a problem with all the the things he done but I don't think that was the worst part, the worst part being that he had an attitude when asked to apoligize to Elvis Dumervill, acting like it was an accident? Yeah right.. It was the was worst show of sportsmanship that i've seen sence the brawl at auburn hills.

Anyways I thought that Holt was the better of the qb's?

Just so you know, and I'm not making excuses for anyone, but Marcus Vick went with Frank Beamer to the Lousiville lockeroom after the game and asked to speak to Dumerville so he could apologize but Dumerville refused to come out. Beamer also asked to speak to Petrino but he refused too. That's what Beamer says and if you've followed VT as long as I have you know he isn't making it up.

Holt hasn't been able to move ahead of Glennon on the depth chart. He handled the mop-up duties this year so Glennon could redshirt. Whitaker might be the most gifted of the group but I think Glennon wins the job. Expect Boone to find a new position early in spring practice.

At least it isn't VT's problem anymore.

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=4338756&nav=23ii

Marcus Vick Turns Himself Into Suffolk Magistrate Office

Marcus Vick turned himself into the Suffolk Magistrate's Office Monday around 2:30 p.m.

Vick, 21, is charged with three counts of brandishing a firearm Sunday night.

Police say after 9:00 p.m. They received a call from the parent of a 17-year-old. The parent stated that Vick had pointed a gun at her son and two others during an altercation in the McDonald's parking lot. The incident happened at the McDonald's on Townpoint Road in Suffolk.

Police responded to the scene, interviewed witnesses, and issued three misdemeanor warrants.

Vick is being held on a $10,000 bond. If Vick is convicted, he could face up to a year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Friday, Vick was dismissed from the Virginia tech football program for his unsportsmanlike conduct during the second quarter of the Gator Bowl January 2.

It was also disclosed Friday, that Vick had been stopped for speeding and driving with a revoked or suspended license on December 17, 2005. Vick's license was taken away in august 2004 when he was cited for reckless driving and marijuana possession.

Vick announced Saturday that he was planning to enter the NFL draft for next season .

[ QUOTE ]

The Raiders might have to wait. I think he's going to do some time because he's still serving a suspended sentence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he said he was going to "take it to the next level, baby." I guess the next level is the letter-setter on the license plate production line.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should have got rid of him of a long time, everyone thought he was as good as his brother & his brother needs to work on his passing game before he gets injuried running all the time.