Bluefield 59, Logan 52--FINAL

Bluefield_Rules

doesnt seem as if Logan is fairing to well against some of the bigger boys of AA.

losing by 25 to Westside and by 7 to Bluefield, and the big story is only scoring 13pts in the 2nd half WOW

i can only imagine how Hatcher was reacting to this.

i would imagine that the fact of Logan's two main scorers in Green and Robertson being out contributed to this factor, but still word is that Logan is suppose to have a deep bench and not lose pase when they a player or two is took out of the game.

will be interesting to see what developes this yr for the defending AA champs and it will also be interesting to see Blfd. and Logan hook up again later in the season

hopefully both teams will have there full roster and all will be in good health and just get a good game!

congrats to Bluefield on the win!

nice comeback win, we were down by 15 at one point, Logan had this one kid he was #10 i think his name was sheppard, he hit like 7 or 8 3's in the first half on our zone, then in the 2nd half we went to a hard man to man and dexter moore covered that kid and completely shut him down, 0 2nd half points, nice win but we'll see Logan full strength again in a few weeks at their place

Why the hell is Bluefield playing a freakin' zone defense? I cannot stand the laziness Gilliard has brought to the Bluefield program. A program like Bluefield, with the athletes we have, should NEVER play a zone defense. It's really unfortunate that Gilliard didn't get the Princeton job...

i think he was playin zone because logan had a lot of height so he packed the zone in deep and then when #10 was hittin those 3's he backed out and went to the man to man and that was the difference

[ QUOTE ]

nice comeback win, we were down by 15 at one point,

[/ QUOTE ]

Down by 15 twice in the first half...30-15 and 39-24. I quit listening at halftime...heard the final score on WVVA at 11 PM and figured they had screwed that up.

defense didnt look bad once we went man to man in the 2nd half, however in the 1st half when we were in a zone sheppard killed us with 6 treys and 22 points, but we all know how many he had in the 2nd half.. 0