predictions on bluefield 06

acebeaver

The sky is the limit next season. The key will be how hard the players work during this off-season to improve themselves and prepare themselves mentally for next year. There is no doubt that Bluefield is the favorite in AA, but that doesn't mean anything. You still have to go out and earn it each week, against each opponent.

Right now they are 0-0. The key is how hard the kids are willing to work in the off season. They will have talent, but that gets you nothing without lots of hard work, both on and off the field. My suggestions are for all the players to hit both the books and the weight room real hard this spring. If everybody is eligible and in shape come August 1st and stays healthy all season, then my prediction is that Coach Simon and his staff will make another trip up to the Island in December.

[ QUOTE ]

We return everybody almost except our Linemen on both sides of the ball. Albert, Hutch, Collins.. We lose mark page as a DB and a WR

thats all i can think of right now..

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Powell if he doesn't get his act together in the classroom...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

We return everybody almost except our Linemen on both sides of the ball. Albert, Hutch, Collins.. We lose mark page as a DB and a WR

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Powell will be fine; from my understanding he has always been a solid student. As I said the other day, he missed quite a bit of school during the fall due to the knee injury and surgery, which is what hurt his grades.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Powell will be fine; from my understanding he has always been a solid student. As I said the other day, he missed quite a bit of school during the fall due to the knee injury and surgery, which is what hurt his grades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Morning, everybody!

From what I heard, he's still missing quite a bit of school because the suspension for fighting at the PHS-BHS basketball game.

Pass the beer nuts.

[ QUOTE ]

Maurice Jordan and Johnathan Payne are gone too aren't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Jordan is a senior and even though Payne is only a junior he has enough credits to graduate a year early. Though, by the end of the season neither one played anywhere as much they did early on, especially offensively. Payne was injuried and saw very limited action in the backfield or on defense, which is why his INT rate dropped so much at the last part of the season. And once Brooks, Powell, and Clements entered the picture Jordan saw zero time in the backfield with some spot duty at receiver.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Jordan is a senior and even though Payne is only a junior he has enough credits to graduate a year early. Though, by the end of the season neither one played anywhere as much they did early on, especially offensively. Payne was injuried and saw very limited action in the backfield or on defense, which is why his INT rate dropped so much at the last part of the season. And once Brooks, Powell, and Clements entered the picture Jordan saw zero time in the backfield with some spot duty at receiver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jordan is only a Junior but he might be to old to play..Rumors are flying all over the place

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jordan is only a Junior but he might be to old to play..Rumors are flying all over the place

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was told by my cuz...Jordan will be too old next year to play...

[ QUOTE ]

Hey rules, one of my friends on the team said they got a FB thats from Tennessee or something like that. He said he's very built and looks like fiddy cent..grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocks, the info you received is false. The kid was at the school, but for reasons unknown. As of today he isn't on the football team or even enrolled at Bluefield to my knowledge.

Rocks, the info you received is false. The kid was at the school, but for reasons unknown. As of today he isn't on the football team or even enrolled at Bluefield to my knowledge.

So some kid just comes off the street and starts lifting for no reason at all? Thats pretty weird rules....Unless he plans on enrolling next year and is just getting inshape for next years season early

Have you heard anything about that Kid we were going to get last year from george wythe or whatever. Then he went back??

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hey rules, one of my friends on the team said they got a FB thats from Tennessee or something like that. He said he's very built and looks like fiddy cent..grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard he is still enrolled at his school in Tennessee but will be at Bluefield at the beginning of the new school year to play football

• 2 weeks later...

i think bluefield will have an pretty good defense next year with matthew carter at linebacker and other good linebackers there defense is goin to be very fast and aggresive their offense will be good if they leave eric at qb and not powell