Senior Night at Graham

Gman1986

Is it just me or does anybody else think that Coach Carlock should have started all his seniors on Senior Night? This was a non-district game, no importance whatsoever. He could have subbed them after 30 seconds. Their parents were there. I think this was classless.

[ QUOTE ]

I am sure that Coach Carlock had his reasons. Everyone on here needs to stop playing coach and let leave the coaching up to the coach

[/ QUOTE ]

What possible reasons could a coach have for not starting kids who have busted their butts with for 4 years and were rewarded with little or no playing time? This game meant nothing...I repeat...nothing! Are you telling me that 10 or 20 seconds of playing time at the start of the game could have meant a win or a loss? Just like most of the coaching moves up here, I don't think this one was well-reasoned.

Just because it is a non district game, does not mean it is not important. Do you attend all the practices? Just because you have been on the team four years does not qualify you to start. This is not little league where everyone gets a trophy. Just because you show up to work ever day for four years, does not mean you will will be promoted to the next level at work. It seems that you should confront Coach Carlock if you really have a problem with it, in stead of getting on here complaining. Anyway, that is the way a real man would go about it.

Those guys that went in at the end for graham didnt care that they didnt start they were just happy to be on the team and playing at that point because in my opion any other school would have cut them.

why was senior night last night for graham? they have another home game t/n against Oak Hill Red, i thought senior night was on the last home game, is this a make up game or somethin?? how many more home games does graham have??

i think last night was senior night for a couple of reasons

one, tonight is against OAK HILL

two, tonight is the wrestlers senior night and i dont think the school wanted basketball and wrestling senior night on the same night.

back to the senior night thing, what is the point of it if you don't start your seniors? i know the seniors might say that its not a big deal that they didn't start, but i think they were hurt a little bit. they too thought that since it was senior night they would probably start. but jr. didnt start the seniors last year either. the year before i do think coach jones started the seniors. overall, i think jr. def. should have started them and shown them that he cares that they have busted their butts in practice and that he has respected what they have done for 4+ years. come on, start the kids for 20 seconds.

[ QUOTE ]

tonight is against OAK HILL

[/ QUOTE ]

No big deal there, its only their Red Team...they are good but not great. They lost to Twin Valley by 50 a few weeks ago and lost to Rye Cove on Monday night.

[ QUOTE ]

so your saying graham has a shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm just saying this ISN'T the Oak Hill team that is ranked #1 in the nation...far from it...more like a decent SWVA high school team...

graham has 5 seniors

and i believe they all started last night, i know at least 4 did

Junior says "his senior night is the last regular season home game" more like, someone said something to him so he finally started them