School closing

beaverbaseball

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Probply not, but they will deffenietly be on a 2 hr. delay

[/ QUOTE ]

The policy in Tazewell County is that if school is closed it's automatically on a two-hour delay the following day, unless the closed day falls on a Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which I think that policy is stupid..cuz the roads were fine lol..but If we had that policy I would like it..I guess im just jealous of tazewell county lmao

People who live in bluewell, brushfork that go to bluefield and montcalm dont exactly live on a major highway. I say some of us have it worse than any place in tazewell county... It bothers me a little bit they get out so much.

But it bothers me even more than when the roads here have a ice on them were still on a regular schedule...

[ QUOTE ]

People who live in bluewell, brushfork that go to bluefield and montcalm dont exactly live on a major highway. I say some of us have it worse than any place in tazewell county... It bothers me a little bit they get out so much.

But it bothers me even more than when the roads here have a ice on them were still on a regular schedule...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it bother you? The kids in Tazewell County certainly pay for the missed days by attending school longer than their WV counterparts. I'd rather get out of school on time at the end of the year and get my entire allotment of Spring Break days then to be stuck home on a snowy day when it's freezing cold outside.

[ QUOTE ]

i have no idea why we are closed today

[/ QUOTE ]

Better safe than sorry? I have two nephews and a niece in Tazewell County schools. I'd much rather see them make up a few days than possibly get hurt on slick roads. I was in the Maiden Spring and Thompson Valley area yesterday and I'm sure the slushy roads I was driving on were solid ice this morning.

I just drove in to Lebanon from Tazewell this morning, it was bad - really bad - from T-Town to Claypool hill, then it was just rain...weird how it's like a different world once you get past Wal Mart.