Game #2: R.E. Lee-Staunton (29-0) 68 Tabb (23-6) 44

Game #3: Bassett (15-9) 59 William Fleming (24-3) 56

Game #4: Martinsville (21-6) 57 Heritage (25-4) 54

<u>Semifinals...Friday, March 10th, 4 PM & 8 PM</u>

Game #5: R. E. Lee-Staunton (30-0) 83 Greensville (26-3) 67

Game #6: Martinsville (22-6) 74 Bassett (15-10) 71

<u>Championship...Saturday, March 11th, 9 PM</u>

Game #7: Martinsville (23-6) 63 R. E. Lee-Staunton (30-1) 54

R.E. Lee-Staunton is primed to "THREE-PEAT"...the Leemen have won 83 games in a row spanning three seasons. Their head coach, Paul Hatcher, will reach the 800 win mark if the Leemen are successful in their quest for the trifecta.

[ QUOTE ]

I work with one of the assistant coaches for William Fleming and he seems to think that it'll come down between Fleming and Lee in the title game.

[/ QUOTE ]

They seem to be the favorites at this point but anything can happen in high school basketball.

Well, as that "loudmouth" who calls himself THETREY over on VirginiaPreps would be trying to tell everyone right now, Lee, who at the beginning of the season was PLAINLY bragging that the rest of AA should just stay home come March, has been "backtracking" and is now saying that anyone could win the title. I believe that Greensville County, who played R. E. Lee earlier in the season, may have just enough to defeat the Leemen this time around. And without Logan Jones, who was suspended from the team for disciplinary reasons just prior to the start of the playoffs, the Leemen might be vulnerable.

At 7:30 pm, the Bulldogs will leave their hotel rooms and travel to the Siegel Center. The finals of the VHSL AA MEN'S BASKETBALL STATE TOURNAMENT are scheduled to start at 9 pm. Not one of the Leefans are crediting Martinsville with even reaching the game on their own merits. Many of them feel as if Greensville County should be their "true" opponent. The 'Dogs are ready insofar as the coaching staff can make them; NOW it's up to the players themselves. I hope that the 'Dogs can bring home the state championship to Region IV once again. Thank you.

Well, the gods of woofing - Praised be their names! - were kind to the Bulldogs last week. I feel so SORRY for R. E. Lee as they will have to resurrect the "streak"! Seriously, it was a wonderful accomplishment but I am in agreement with a lot of other people who somehow feel this great accomplishment was somehow "tainted" by the quality of opposition offered by some of Lee's opponents during the "streak". Anyone have any opinions?