MV girls down Grundy

VHSLhelper

After spotting Grundy a 3-point lead after the 1st quarter, MV went on a 15-0 run, inc. a 2:00, 10-point streak by Ashley Norton, as the Lady Warriors easily defeated Grundy 66-38. After a pretty even 8 minute stretch sandwiching h/t, MV went on another 15-0 run to lead 56-26 with 6:00 to play. Norton led all scorers w/ 25 points while Latisha Belcher added 24. Kaitlyn Riley & Ashley Cook led the Lady Wave (19-4) w/ 12 each.

MV (17-3) advances to play either Tazewell (15-10) or Va. High (20-3) for the Region IV crown Friday night at 7 at the Bearcat Den.

The Wave boys have their work cut out for them Thur. night as they travel to Bassett. Word is that a lot of the Bengals were F-C football players a couple of years back.

I just know they've been waiting to get another shot at us since we won the last football game ever played at F-C.

Anyone want to venture on where Grundy's Sheppard will play next year or even if she is still VHSL eligible? I know that has been questioned many times over this season. According to VHSL rules you have 8 semesters to play after entering the 9th grade -- this will be 8 for her -- just not at the same school --

She's not a team player at all. She's only used 6 semesters though. 2 years at VHS and 1 year at Grundy. I don't think giving up high school basketball to play AAU will help her get ready for college. I think she realizes she aint D1 material anyway.

you guys at vhs should know first hand. i thought it was great that you won the district without her. you would have beaten grundy if you played them.

you're right, if she is big-time d1 material, then i'm major league bound. it's all about her, not the team.

get a clue buddy, the catholic school is not a vhsl sanction school. the 8 semesters started her freshman year at va high. don't they teach counting in tazewell? 2 years at va high equal 4 semesters. one year grundy equal 2 semesters. 2 plus 4 equal 6 semesters. 8 semesters minus 6 equal 2 left. grundy has a letter from the vhsl with this spelled out in black and white. get over it, she will have two more semesters.

all the hype that you read is coming directly from the girl's mother. i've heard newspaper reporters say that she about drives them crazy calling the paper and giving them stories to print.

the girl is a good player, no doubt. but all the hype created about her comes directly from one source. it's as if the rest of the team doesn't even exist. it's almost sickening.