Neutral sites!

dmspartan

Should a site that is used by a team as an "occasional" game site for home games be used as site for a regional tournament? (And by "occasional", I mean at least as many as four or five times during the regular season.) It would seem to me that this would give any team using such a site a slight advantage against teams that don't use the site at all. And isn't the purpose of using NEUTRAL SITES to take away any home-court advantages that one team might have over another?

If I understand the main argument correctly, we couldnt use VA High for SWVA games because someone who is in the Region may have played on that floor during the regular season giving them the advantage that is being discussed.

Much like Lee playing home games at JMU or Region 2 having their tournament there or even the 'Dogs playing in the Bengals Den for a regional quaterfinals game. And the only "costs" were the small gates that the VHSL collected from having played at the Dedmon Center - you Grundy fans must remember that. Not only that but they did have to pay some of the money to RU for the use - I think they changed that so VHSL member schools could get that money instead.