Martinsville ends Lee's 80+ game win streak!

Bluefield_Rules

I'm really surprised Martinsville won state this year. I didn't think they had the team for it espescially after they lost their starting center. I guess I was wrong. Congrats to the Dogs and hang another banner up in the Dog Pound.

First, allow me to clarify a common misconception. The 'Dogs gym is called the "Dog HOUSE" while the "Dawg Pound" is the seating area for the student cheering section and all those Bulldog "rowdies"! And our starting center was not LOST for the season as you make it sound but only for a LARGE part of it. D'andrew Jackson, J. D. Tyree, and Michael Hughes provided the team with "center by committee" during Jervis' absence as the three sophomores filled in quite adequately during his "enforced" vacation.

[ QUOTE ]

First, allow me to clarify a common misconception. The 'Dogs gym is called the "Dog HOUSE" while the "Dawg Pound" is the seating area for the student cheering section and all those Bulldog "rowdies"! And our starting center was not LOST for the season as you make it sound but only for a LARGE part of it. D'andrew Jackson, J. D. Tyree, and Michael Hughes provided the team with "center by committee" during Jervis' absence as the three sophomores filled in quite adequately during his "enforced" vacation.

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry...Dog House then. I noticed you used the term, "our starting center" but yet your board name is DMSpartan. I don't know many Drewey Mason Spartans that root for the Bulldogs. I'm glad you do though because you seem to know a lot about the team. How many starters will return from this years team and what did the JV do this year?

i know two other drewry mason spartans who are now conformed bulldogs of more than 30+ years...my parents! but then again they sent 4 kids through the m'ville school system. anyhow, as far as returnees...i'll take a shot at it...emanuel reid, tracy hairston, ashmond hughes, johnathon burman, arthur dandridge are all juniors (and i guess you could include both sam hairston and victor "snoop" hairston in that group) although they didn't finish the season with the team. d'andrew jackson and mike hughes are sophomores..........as for the jayvees, i believe they went undefeated in piedmont games and won the jayvee championship over dan river. they actually were mostly ninth graders.

I've operated the clock for the Bulldogs since 1998 - kept the scorebook "on the road" for both the JV and the varsity for about as long - even coached a traveling team or two prior to taking over the clock - been the pregame announcer - but NO!! I never sold popcorn during halftime.

When is Martinsville going to get a descent sports website like some of these other schools have? It would be nice to go to a Bulldog website and find out who's on the roster and what the schedules are and maybe even have a message board like this one.

a good 'all sports' website kinda like the one gw has for their football team would be great. i'm sure loads of people would frequent it if one existed. i keep thinking something like that should be mentioned at a booster club meeting.

Nope, sorry. Unless there's a MAJOR change in his ATTITUDE, he's HISTORY as far as the basketball program is concerned.

After cursing both a player and the HEAD COACH in front of the other team members and REFUSING to apologize to be re-instated, he was encouraged to work hard on his football.

• 2 weeks later...

OOPS! Sorry, I have misread the VHSL record book. Maury has done it twice; Christopher Gist(Pound High School) has done it once; Drewry Mason has done it; and Salem has done it as well aa Martinsville. Sorry, sports fans!