Who Are the best Softball teams

wasp1

THS has a ton of talent in the 9th grade -- it's a shame that last years seniors couldn't have played with this years freshman. THS's JV team last year -- all eighth graders only lost 1 game with the score being 1-0 (VA HIGH) -- the speek of varsity is alot faster in most sports -- softball isn't as much -- many of these freshman play travel ball all spring, summer, and fall against 18U teams -- so they have some experience. -- it'll be fun to watch.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah im pretty sure tazewell is going to dominate softball this season... we got some great talent this year heading everyones way!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I don't think so.

Next year I can see, but there is no way, you all lost way too much talent to 'dominate.'

You could still win district, but you in no way will dominate.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

yeah im pretty sure tazewell is going to dominate softball this season... we got some great talent this year heading everyones way!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I don't think so.

Next year I can see, but there is no way, you all lost way too much talent to 'dominate.'

You could still win district, but you in no way will dominate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drew cecil how do you even now how good tazewell will be when you never came to our games last year, yeah and I'm pretty sure all the freshmen that are moving up to varsity came off a traveling team that was ranked 3rd in the nation, yeah I admit that we will be a young team but I think our hitting will be better than last years. And we have a chance to go far.

• 3 weeks later...

About the comment earlier about Richlands never being able to hit off of Barton and Chaffin....how can you hit off of someone who never pitches unless it was in JV....for the past 4 years...the only pitcher that tazewell has thrown at the varsity level has been Whitney Muncey....jw

[ QUOTE ]

About the comment earlier about Richlands never being able to hit off of Barton and Chaffin....how can you hit off of someone who never pitches unless it was in JV....for the past 4 years...the only pitcher that tazewell has thrown at the varsity level has been Whitney Muncey....jw

[/ QUOTE ]

Well did they hit off of them in jv?

I do not know if either pitched during JV..I only know about varsity...i played jv my 8th grade year and other than that I havent' the slightest clue...I was just sayin that neither girl had pitched at the varsity level against Richlands in the past 4 years..maybe the post was about JV games..if so..sorry I misunderstood..but on the other hand I think its kinda difficult for someone to say that Richlands cant hit either girl...alot changes from JV to Varsity..Its a much faster paced game..JV and Varsity are two totally different playing fields...

• 1 month later...

Well Lindsey Lester was basically the only person to hit off Keisha Barton this season. Kari Chaffin did pitch Varsity last year, but not against Richlands, however she is very good. She's been injured this year and isn't quite up to where she was, but Keisha is doing a great job. All that about jv and varsity being different is true, but Keisha dominated pitching at the jv level b/c she has been so passionate about pitching her whole softball life.

She pitched for our travel team last summer, and we were ranked very high in the nation...3rd I believe. She also amazed some coaches at the Kingsport tournament this year. They thought she was a junior or senior and plenty of good teams struggled hitting her.

O yeah, drew cecil...We're already dominating better this year in softball than we did last year. kthnx.

[ QUOTE ]

Just for fun rank the best girls softball teams in Southwest Virginia. Also rank the top 5 softball coaches in Southwest Virginia.

1. Haysi

2. Pound

3. John Battle

4. Tazewell

5. Carroll Co

6.Castelwood

7.Va. High

8. Gate City

9.Patrick Henry

10. Northwood

Top 5 Coaches

1. Steve Lester JSB

2. Barry Reed Va. High

3.Tom Keene Taz.

5 John Sabo Chilhowie

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Graham High School? I was just wondering...

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe Powell Valley will win it all this year. They have the best pitcher in the area with the Chandler girl. They play Gate City today in the Region D final. They hold a 2-1 edge over the Lady Devils in previous games played this season. I think GC is 18-5 and PV is 20-5.

This one should be interesting, but I'm giving the edge to PV.

PV takes Region D title with 4-2 win over Gate City.

It was their third win out of four games against the Lady Devils this year. Can't believe nobody had PV on their top teams list. They've been awesome all year. They will go into the state quarter finals at 21-5.

GC will also be there as the Region D runner-up (18-6).

Does anyone know who these two teams will be playing?