LOOKS LIKE CAIN RINGSTAFF IS DOING WELL..

OFISHE8

He has always been a hard worker at anything he does. I saw him earlier this year and he looks like he has built a lot more muscle and he is still running fast so he should get a lot of playing time in their spring game this saturday. Its really cool to see Cain and Muncey doin good though. It would be cool to see them goin up against each other at Lane Stadium or Scott Stadium like they did at Bulldog Stadium and Ernie Hicks.

Groh gives the men here a fightin' chance to prove themselves, and if they show heart and grit, they do get a chance to play.

However, I do strongly question how much he'll get to play. He has Snelling, Peerman, and Pearman (Alvin's younger brother) ahead of him on the depth charts, and a fourth-string back doesn't see the field too often. I was at the spring game here, and I did not hear his name nor number called. Still, he'll probably have to wait his turn behind three fair backs.

The savin' grace in all this might be that this year is not lookin' like UVA's finest. Quarterback questions, losin' three players (Brooks and Hamilton the two big names), and a new offensive and defensive line don't bode well for UVA. Ringstaff very well may get his share of reps this season as Groh experiments with different packages. I wish him the best in everythin' he does: may he stay healthy, and God willin', get a shot to get out there and show everyone what he's got.

Well i went to the game as well and you must have been wathching a completely different game than i did. Cain started at fullback on the white team. He played a majority of the game and was very impressive. He had two cathces, one over 10 yards. As for Snelling, and Peerman. They are runningbacks and not fullbacks. ANd the other Pearman (Alvin's brother) has never taken a rep at runningback. He is the starting wide-receiver. I have talked to some people that have spoken with Cain and it looks like it is going to be between him and one other fullback for the starting spot. Good luck Cain. Make southwest Virginia proud.

He's number two on the depth chart at FB. Jason Snelling is a senior and Cain is a RS Freshamn so he could be see a lot of playing time in a year or two or maybe even this year if Snelling gets hurt. But Uva has a new offensive coordinator in Mike Groh that will use the FB for a lot more receiving purposes than what last years offensive coordinator Ron Prince did. I think Cain caught two balls at the orange and blue game and Snelling caught three of four im not for sure.He'll do fine though.