GRAHAM G-MEN

ghs84

From the GHS website...take it for what its worth...

3/14 Tuesday G Wythe(scrm) Away

3/20 Monday Bluefield Home

3/22 Wednesday Twin Valley Away

3/25 Saturday Blacksburg Home

3/28 Tuesday Grundy Away

4/4 Tuesday Carroll Co Away

4/6 Thursday Twin Valley Home

4/7 Friday Tazewell Home

4/10 Monday Mt View Home

4/12 Wednesday Mt. View Away

4/14 Friday Bluefield

4/21 Friday Mt View (Coppinnger)

4/22 Saturday Blacksburg(DH) Home

4/24 Monday (Coppinger)

4/25 Tuesday Carroll Co Home

4/26 Wednesday Richlands (Coppinger)

4/28 Friday Richlands Away

4/29 Saturday (Coppinger)

5/4 Thursday Bluefield Home

5/5 Friday Richlands Home

5/11 Thursday Grundy Home

5/16 Tuesday Tazewell Away

5/18 Thursday Carroll County Home

[ QUOTE ]

we are doing pretty good we're 9 and 1....how long has that been since we've done that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never happened as long as I can remember...

But remember, you could just as easily be 5-5...you have pulled four games out in the last at bat...

Give them some love. Doesn't matter how you do it. Good teams find ways to win. They definitely need to improve if they want to keep it going. Defense up the middle is very weak. Way too many errors to beat good teams. Luckily, this area has no really good teams. Region may be a different story. Work hard and get better.

[ QUOTE ]

"no really good teams"- Richlands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands is not a really good team. They are an ok team in a really weak SWD. Most of what we've read about them is hype by the players. I've seen them play 4 times this year and they don't instill fear in Tazewell, Carroll or Graham. Grundy could be slaughtered by anybody. Most teams have enough class to hold it down and they have. 4 teams in the SWD can win the title this year. It is wide open. There are NO great teams!

[ QUOTE ]

gaham will be hard to beat this year. they have a strong defence and offence. go g-men

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham does not have a strong defense! They probably lead the SWD in errors. They are very weak up the middle and need to move some players around to strengthen their fielding. If they couldn't hit, they might be 2 and 8 instead of 9 and 1. They are fortunate to have a couple of good pitchers but it is tough to give 5 or 6 outs to the opponents every single inning. They better shore up their defense or they might have real problems going forward.

Congratulations to Graham for pullin out those last three games in the last at bat. They need to pick up there defense though they will be a complete team when they get rid of there errors

[ QUOTE ]

"yes, after graham was down the ENTIRE game they came back in the last inning after we pulled our pitcher"

but who won?

that's right...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like the argument on the Soccer board...its the final score that matters...

[ QUOTE ]

Worst spelling in the history of the world.

------------------------------------------

Most annoying person in the history of there world...U!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap Pedro, he got you...

Here's how I see it:

Graham's defense is weak. It has been since I've been able to remember, and havin' played on some of those teams, that's been my biggest complaint. It's offense is *finally* comin' around, which keeps them in, and wins, their games. The pitchin' is fair...you shouldn't give up 10 runs to Bluefield, but if you can score 11, that's all that matters. Defense will be their undoin' this season, as it has been in the past.

Although, this Graham team has found ways to win, unlike the Graham teams for the past 15 or so years. They're not losin' the one-run games anymore. They're managin' to pull out these 11-10, 5-4 games, and especially in the final at-bats. This team could easily be 7-6, but they've managed to go 10-3 thus far (correct me if I'm wrong). On the teams I was on, we'd lose games 3-1, 4-3...the close ones, that is.

However, This team could very well sneak into the district finals, dependin' on how Carroll County finishes, for the first time in I don't know how long, and they just may possibly crack the region tournament due to an overall weak Southwest District.

Richlands is good. Not great, not excellent, but good. Grayson County made them look easy, and Abingdon made it look like a cakewalk, but Abingdon's done that to most everyone thus far. Richlands will win district, no question in my mind, but I think they're out in Round 1 of region. Again, these are my thoughts...enjoy!

Graham will never make it to the finals. They get worse every day and their Coach will never do anything to shore up their defense. Once he sets his lineup, that's it for the season. That's why they never get better while everyone else does. Consistent mediocrity is all you'll get when players know they'll never have to earn their spot no matter how bad they play, and this year they have been really bad. Really, really bad. I would bet they'll lose the rest of their district games and finish comfortably 4th...just like they always do. Next year they will have most of their players back and my guess is they'll finish 4th in the SWD again. Maybe last if a few key players decide not to play next year or go somewhere else.