Richlands softball-championships

Ask the Richlands JV team if your not sure they are ALL 8th graders -- these two teams have played against each other and with each other many times in the past. They all seem to really like each other.

Tazewell's schedule appears a little harder than Richlands -- they have played Bland's varsity twice as well as Pocohontas' varsity and traveled to Tennessee High a AAA school and faced their varsity pitcher and to Castlewood and played in a tournament and faced Rye Cove's varisty pitcher -- they had a scrimmage at East Ridge HIgh School in Kentucky and faced a tough team there in very weird wind conditions -- But we all know that in order to be better you must play better competition when possible.

But there is no doubt about it this will prove to be a GOOD GAME -- these two teams always play each other well --

I think these two will meet on May 12 at Tazewell and the Richlands date has not been set but will be on Monday --it was canceled due to rain last week,

But I promise you ALL of Tazewell's JV team is in the 8th grade and there are NO hold backs either -- several girl's are still 13 years old.

• 6 months later...

well its been a while, but just to confirm this. I was on Tazewell's varsity last year as a sophomore. backup catcher, and DP. but yeah. i've played travel with the jv team (i was a young sophomore) and it was all 8th graders. the 9th grader, one of my best friends, quit b/c she never got to play. those 8th graders dominated. adn the reason they lost to vhigh was coaching error. i've talked to someone on the team about that during vball season.

• 5 months later...