MY SOUTHERN WV AA TOP 5 FOR 2006

kevin

James Monroe and Bluefield are definetly at the top. Oak Hill definetly got some momentum at the end last year, but I dont know if they're top 5 yet. Mount View's a wild card. They could go to Wheeling, or miss the playoffs altogether, just deppends on the attitude (and whether or not C. High gets injured). As far as Shady Spring, considering that they struggled against some really bad teams like Summers last year, there are way too many ?s to place them as a playoff team, much less top 5.

There are hardly ever more than 2 real contenders wv in in a though, aa is the most competive classification in most seasons in wv. Regardless all playoff teams, particularly those in the semis on, accomplish a lot and warrant respect in my opinion.

This depends greatly on what area you define as Southern WV. Of the teams below only Tolsia isn't listed by GMan as a team of SWVA. If you remove Tolsia then slide everyone else up a slot and put Shady Spring in at #5. The first four on my list are solid, but after that it gets questionable.

1. Bluefield

2. Tolsia

3. James Monroe

4. Scott

5. Mount View

As for Shady fellas no way they are a top 5 team. They will however be much improved over last year they return about 9 starters on both sides of the ball and the line should be huge. So look for about a 6-4 is my guess.