Interesting....

EH31

I spent the last two weeks in Alabama at my dad's house, and was supposed to come back this past friday. My dad and my mom meet at exit 369 in Knoxville since it's in the middle of both of em. Well when we were with my dad on the way up there mom calls us and says that she's on the side of the road with a preacher and his sister and said that that her Jeep cherokee got struck by lighting. She said she didn't know what happened, that she never thought it would be lightning, but it was the loudest thing she ever heard. The jeep cut off automatically and she had to pull off the road. The car behind her (the preacher) said that they saw the lightning come down and hit the antenna, and go down the side of it. They said the antenna flew off and it was on fire. Other than the antenna being gone, there's burn marks all down the side and on the windshield. She said smoke came in the jeep thru the vents inside. All the fuses are blown under the hood, the guy that looked at it said that most like the modular(sp) could be messed up or the whole computer would be shot. So we had to get it towed back up here and get a ride back to Va. n all that, and she hasn't been able to get in touch with her insurance. Lightning is considered "A act of God". So do you think they'll cover the charge of it? I honestly have no idea. I never heard of lightning hitting a car before. Does anyone know if they'll cover the charge of the damage?

well the rubber tires ened up grounding it out, but yeah i have heard of this before, but for the insurance thing, for your guys sake I hope they do at least she safe, cars are replaceable, your mom is not!!!