Pictures from the VA State Little League Tourney

BigD4VT

Yeah, the way I understand it is the winner of this tournament will go on to regional play and I guess the winner of each region goes to Williamsport.

I hope Tazewell wins but Fort Hunt and SYA West are awfully good too.

Tazewell is playing Big Stone Gap now. It is 5-1 Tazewell in the top of the fifth. Home runs by Ryan Hankins, Christian Boyd, and Austin Kinder in the fifth broke open a 1-1 game. Zach Wasi pitching today. Quite an accomplishment for Tazewell this year on the little league/junior league fields

Tazewell won 9-5 in what was probably the most exciting game in the tournament. Both sides brought plenty of fan support. They will play the winner of the game between Cave Spring and Tuckahoe. Hopefully Tuckahoe as they are from Richmond which is my second home.

I got a lot of great pictures today. Probably have to wait until it's over before I can go through them all.

Starts at 10:00 but I'm not sure if both games start at the same time. They probably do since (I think) the first game of the finals is scheduled for tomorrow. The semis were supposed to be this evening according to the Bluefield paper so I'm not sure what happened there.